Border Runners...

can someone confirm for me that there is, or is not a new visa regulation where someone cannot enter Thailand more than 5 times in 6 months on tourist visas. After which it's necessary to leave Asia entirely for 6 months before returning. I've made 5 border runs from Thailand in the past six months and am currently in Laos looking to get back into Thailand. Is there going to be a problem? Has anyone heard about this. I need to get back in one more time to catch my flight out in a months time?? Any info much welcomed, i'm getting panicky!!

can someone confirm for me that there is, or is not a new visa regulation where someone cannot enter Thailand more than 5 times in 6 months on tourist visas. After which it's necessary to leave Asia entirely for 6 months before returning. I've made 5 border runs from Thailand in the past six months and am currently in Laos looking to get back into Thailand. Is there going to be a problem? Has anyone heard about this. I need to get back in one more time to catch my flight out in a months time?? Any info much welcomed, i'm getting panicky!!

as indeed you should. Do a search, or are against doing much for yourself ?

You should be ok, seen as how you have a ticket out of the country within the month. Make sure youve got some cash/travellers cheques when coming back in just incase your asked to show you can support yourself during your stay. Next time get a tourist visa before you leave home!

I don't think he really means Tourist Visa's.

After all 5 or 6 of those will last you over a year and you would have had to have left Thailand to get a new double or even triple entry.

I think he means the "visa on arrival".

The answer, as far as we know, is that there is no limit.

However Immigration are clamping down at the land borders and you may be asked to produce 10-20,000 baht on arrival, each time.

If you are flying in, there does not seem to be any change, yet!!

Please remember these visa's are intended for short time visitors

(should I say short-term - as short-time has a certain connotation here?).

They are not intended as an alternative to Tourist or Non Immigrant visas.

If you abuse the system then you make it more difficult for those visitors who come after you.

can someone confirm for me that there is, or is not a new visa regulation where someone cannot enter Thailand more than 5 times in 6 months on tourist visas. After which it's necessary to leave Asia entirely for 6 months before returning

I believe that this is true, but substitute Thailand for where you have written Asia.

It is yet another of these rules that are never enforced, but you have to be aware that they may be.

Well, Dr. Pat Pong, you should be ashamed of yourself, as a senior administrator of a forum designed to help people with queries such as mine, you give a pathetic ###### response laced with your quick witted humour. Humour of a wet German fish? Sarcasm, as the say is the lowest form of wit? For the lowest form of people i may add. I wonder are you German? And calling yourself Dr. Pat Pong is wonderfully ironic.

Everyone else, who was decent and kind enough to reply, thank you for your time and answers. In response to Dr. Arseface's query, yes, i did do quite a number of searches without finding anything in anyway conculsive and as there seems to be a font of knowledge on these matters here, i thought it a good idea to tap it. Thanks again.

Well, Dr. Pat Pong, you should be ashamed of yourself, as a senior administrator of a forum designed to help people with queries such as mine, you give a pathetic ###### response laced with your quick witted humour. Humour of a wet German fish? Sarcasm, as the say is the lowest form of wit? For the lowest form of people i may add. I wonder are you German? And calling yourself Dr. Pat Pong is wonderfully ironic.

Everyone else, who was decent and kind enough to reply, thank you for your time and answers. In response to Dr. Arseface's query, yes, i did do quite a number of searches without finding anything in anyway conculsive and as there seems to be a font of knowledge on these matters here, i thought it a good idea to tap it. Thanks again.

Your nickname is pretty revealing too.