Missing Girl Friend

Governor

My girl friend left to go to college in Prakanong yesterday morning, motorcycle taxi, to take an exam and I have not seen her since. Her departing words were "see you later honey, we eat out tonight".

She left our condo with her college file, wearing her college clothes. All her other clothes and possessions are still in our condo together with her bank books.

I am obviously concerned she might have had an accident, she could have left me but I doubt it.

I have called her college, but they didn't understand me.

There is no response from her mobile, which is either turned off or has a flat battery, the charger is here.

I can live with her leaving me, though I would be surprised.

What I need to know is, has she been in an accident.

Would the (tourist) police be able to advise me?

Thanks

Thanks

Could.... try ot, I wish ypou good luck!

On the other hand, in "Alice's Wonderland" everything and anything is possible!

My girl friend left to go to college in Prakanong yesterday morning, motorcycle taxi, to take an exam and I have not seen her since. Her departing words were "see you later honey, we eat out tonight".

She left our condo with her college file, wearing her college clothes. All her other clothes and possessions are still in our condo together with her bank books.

I am obviously concerned she might have had an accident, she could have left me but I doubt it.

I have called her college, but they didn't understand me.

There is no response from her mobile, which is either turned off or has a flat battery, the charger is here.

I can live with her leaving me, though I would be surprised.

Thanks

can you get someone thai to talk to the college for you and find out if she made it there.

have you got her family number as if shes been in an accident then they may have been contacted.

if not then police may know or be able to find out something for you.

good luck

Horrible situation to be in Governor, I would get a Thai/English speaker to call the college on your behalf.

Adopt the attitude of concern before suspicion in this case I reckon.

At times like this we realise what a flimsy communication line we have with our girlfirends and wives

In the village I live in with my wife if something was to happen to her while I am working away there is nobody I can call to check if all is ok should something happen to the missus.

Hope it all turns out Ok

Contact the college at once, in person may be better than the phone as they will certainly have a register of who took the exam.

If she didn't, go to the motorcycle taxi base and find out who picked her up and took her where. Do this with a Thai.

After the exam,how would she have come back? Presumably bus and motorcycle taxi. Possibly check any hospitals nearby if still no clues.

But as said, can you ring her friends or family?

Good luck.

Horrible situation to be in Governor, I would get a Thai/English speaker to call the college on your behalf.

Adopt the attitude of concern before suspicion in this case I reckon.

At times like this we realise what a flimsy communication line we have with our girlfirends and wives

In the village I live in with my wife if something was to happen to her while I am working away there is nobody I can call to check if all is ok should something happen to the missus.

Hope it all turns out Ok

Quoted the whole post because I agree with 100% of it.

Heartbreaking situation indeed.

The best advice is to find Thai/English speaker who can call the uni or the police on your behalf. Anyone in the community around your condo that would know you as a couple? She would have had to sign in to the exam, I am sure. If she signed in and took the exam, it narrows down your "window" of where to look.

If it is as you describe, it really doesn't seem like she has done a runner. She would have been better prepared.

Calling the police is probably the better way to go at this point. Definitely try the tourist police, and see what they can do or understand. The uni might give a public citizen a runaround to get records, but the police will get them immediately.

If you can't get across to the Tourist Police on the phone, just go to your local police station, and put the onus on them to understand the nature of your problem. Even if she took the exam, she has been unaccountable for 24 hours now.

Does your GF keep any Thai paperwork in the house? Her Tabien Baan blue book would be perfect if she has one, but she is likely registered on her parents or other family wherever they are. If this is the case, she will probably have copies of it somewhere in the house. She would need them as proof of identification for a lot of things.

If you can find this or any other Thai paperwork to exactly identify her exact Thai name, Thai ID number, family, etc, take this to the police station with you. They will need this to start doing anything.

If you can, let us know how you get on with the police, and finding her. As khunandy said; "At times like this we realise what a flimsy communication line we have with our girlfirends and wives." Many TV readers may someday have an emergency situation like yours.

I hope it works out for the best.

Does she gamble, have a thai boyfriend ?

Maybe she has just run off to let off steam or go on a gambling binge, or with the boyfriend for awhile to get some decent conversation of her own age.

My wife sometimes does that, run off for days on gambling binges, not with the thai boyfriend. She will call or turn up when she needs a change of clothes.

Panic Over

She went straight from college to her Aunt who had a problem with her disabled child and then the battery died and of course my number was in her iphone.

In the meantime I checked with the local hospital and the motorcycle taxi who confirmed she hadn't been in for treatment and she had gone to college, so at least I put my mind at rest.

In the meantime went through papers and found her list of phone numbers, all in Thai, rang a couple until found a local friend who knows her Aunt, they both work for the family furniture business, and got hold of her. Poor thing thought I would be angry but was just relieved she was ok.

At least now we both have hard copies of relevant nubers.

Thanks for all the support and suggestions.

Panic Over

She went straight from college to her Aunt who had a problem with her disabled child and then the battery died and of course my number was in her iphone.

In the meantime I checked with the local hospital and the motorcycle taxi who confirmed she hadn't been in for treatment and she had gone to college, so at least I put my mind at rest.

In the meantime went through papers and found her list of phone numbers, all in Thai, rang a couple until found a local friend who knows her Aunt, they both work for the family furniture business, and got hold of her. Poor thing thought I would be angry but was just relieved she was ok.

Ahhh, happy ending :o

Does she gamble, have a thai boyfriend ?

Maybe she has just run off to let off steam or go on a gambling binge, or with the boyfriend for awhile to get some decent conversation of her own age.

My wife sometimes does that, run off for days on gambling binges, not with the thai boyfriend. She will call or turn up when she needs a change of clothes.

Yes...I'm sick of her wearing the same stuff in my room. :o

Panic Over

HOORAY !!!!

Good god.

Should I? Should I? . . . . . No, I better not. I like it around here.

Good god.

:o I was biting my lip too.

Good god.

That because........ Oh, i better not either. :D

Go on, be devils the 3 of you and tell me how you really feel.

So the girl runs off for the night and has an excuse of auntie sick. Do you know how many guys have herd that excuse.

That is not what I said. I said the Aunt had problems with her disabled child. The poor kid stays with us some times, and I know how difficult it is for the family.

By the way you spell herd in this case as heard.

For starters the guy says that he has thoughts of her running off, leaving him or whatever so you know he obviously thinks she could be up to something and the relationship is not that strong to start with.

I didn't say that either, I said she could have run off, which of course was a possibility, but that I doubted it. Obviously you know everything about the two of us.

So the little uni girl finds herself in her Thai boy friends apartment or gets hooked up with another farang she meets over the internet and falls asleep in his arms after a round of hot steamy sex.

It didn't even cross my mind, but her Aunt called me and apologised.

Or she was playing cards all night and lost.

Who knows?

Did she smell of cigarettes or sex when she returned ?

Does not even warrant an answer.

To everyone else who was offering support and guidance, thank you.

Good god.

That because........ Oh, i better not either. :D

But the old farmer did.