There Goes My Weekend Breakfast

DavidS

I love to have eggs, sausages and sometimes bacon for weekend breakfasts. Or bangers and mash.

This latest research is a bit of a damper on that I'm afraid.

Be nice if it was just one of those extreme reports, but it doesn't come across that way.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080331/...er-45dbed5.html

Another smartarse attempting to justify his salary. If we listened to half of these so-called experts advising us what and what not to eat we'd either die of starvation or boredom.

Could someone pass me my fags, another beer and a bacon sarnie please?

Poppycock!

I love to have eggs, sausages and sometimes bacon for weekend breakfasts. Or bangers and mash.

Be nice if it was just one of those extreme reports, but it doesn't come across that way.

Another smartarse attempting to justify his salary. If we listened to half of these so-called experts advising us what and what not to eat we'd either die of starvation or boredom.

Poppycock!

:o

Couldn't agree more.

Who really cares what "experts" think or say about food.

People have been eating red meat for thousands of years and the human race is still here.

It is as usual another generalisation.

One group of experts say that all alcohol is bad for you, another says the opposite. One group says that smoking causes cancer, true in a way as my mother died of lung cancer at 69, yet her father who also smoked died at 84 and not of lung cancer.

Most things are good for you in moderation always remembering of course that if you follow all the "experts" advice you will die probably of starvation anyway.

If you'd have posted this today we could have all considered it an April Fool's joke and completely ignored it! :o:D :D

Poppycock!

:o

Couldn't agree more.

Me too.

Had a hankering for some bacon this morning at about 3am so knocked up a mountain of sandwiches polished off with brown sauce. Lovely. If I'd had some sausages in they would have been in the pan as well.

All this crap about never being able to eat this or that or drink or do anything else really screws with the heads of some people. Do you really think life here is a dress rehersal for something else ? No, this is it, one time only. So if you want to have a weekend blow out then do so and be proud of it.

I always try and listen to everything and then make up my own mind and just do what feels right to me.

Try reading "The China Study" by T.Colin Campbell. I found it very interesting to read the effects of animal proteins given to rats, and how their cancers were diminished and their heart disease 100% reversed (even at late stage heart disease) by following plant based diets.

It is a shame that we are told so many different conflicting opinions, so all we can do is educate ourselves at the end of the day.

I always try and listen to everything and then make up my own mind and just do what feels right to me.

Try reading "The China Study" by T.Colin Campbell. I found it very interesting to read the effects of animal proteins given to rats, and how their cancers were diminished and their heart disease 100% reversed (even at late stage heart disease) by following plant based diets.

It is a shame that we are told so many different conflicting opinions, so all we can do is educate ourselves at the end of the day.

A good English breakfast if supplemented with baked beans, tomato, and lashings of tea, provides a good balanced meal, assuming the meat is grilled. Why not try poached eggs too?

Some saturated fat is good for you.

If you have high cholestorol consult a doc.

In my opinion good health is a matter of luck, moderation and reasonable exercise.

A couple of times a month won't hurt you (too much), indeed it'll make a man of you.

One full English breakfast please with the large cumberland sausage and a pot of tea.

Indeed. If we took all the advice from "Da Experts" we would be eating,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well we would be hungry.

Edited by Fantasteak