Where Can I Leave Luggage?

kowneeoh

Hi all

Moving to Pattaya next week, starting a new job! believe it or not I'm the only farang that hasn't been there yet ! .. does anyone know if there is a luggage room at the Bus Station or anywhere nearby where I can leave my stuff while I run around looking for an Apartment?

If not I guess the only option is to get a hotel for a day .. but I'm a bit tight on funds (last employer screwed me on my final wage!)

Thailand is usually pretty good about such things, but I've never noticed one way, or another. I do know that if you use the songteaws properly it will be quite cheap to get where you have to go and back (20 baht each way), but if you flag someone down they will probably demang 200 baht! :o

You probably want to look around a few days for an apartment, so it would really be better to move into a hotel.

Otherwise, Lotus is right up from the bus station on N. Pattaya Rd., and, if you don't have a lot, you could possibly leave your bags at their bag drop for the day. You might offer a tip to overcome objections.

When I arrived in PTY years ago and knew nothing I left my bags at a beer bar w/ promise of tip, which I later delivered on. I don't recommend that, though. I happened to get lucky.