Thailand Introduces Portable Zip Codes

george

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"The new vanity zip code feature is only the latest addition to the Go Postal program, which began last April 1. Thailand Post's officials say Go Postal has already been a success, with millions of baht of new revenue coming from the introduction of pop-up ads on postage stamps"

This pop-up ads on the postage stamps are a pain in the ass, I was posting a letter last week and the damm thing popped up and hit me right in the eye. I spent two hours in emergency ! Apparently it's the first time it has happened to a farang .

I almost fell out of my chair at this point! Great thread!

:o

yes you are right its april fools day and elvis is now working with postman pat to get this scheme off the ground same old story 1 step forward 2 steps back. Hay Ho will all be merry and bright. :o

Pretty nice, but it doesn't even come close to the one from last year.

Btw, here is my personal favourite:

On April 1, 2003, as thousands of American-led coalition troops stormed across Iraq, the Iraqi ambassador to Russia, Abbas Khalaf Kunfuth, held a press conference in Moscow. Many were expecting him to announce that Iraq conceded defeat. Instead Kunfuth chose this moment to hold a gag press conference. Holding up a piece of paper that he identified as a news flash from Reuters, he read aloud from it: "The Americans have accidentally fired a nuclear missile into British forces, killing seven." Immediately the room full of reporters went silent with shock. Then Kunfuth grinned and shouted 'April Fools!'

Yes I did stop that practice at noon'ish. Thanks a lot for your kind support!

Cheers - Great day! :D

Quite right too ... tradition says that, if you continue the spoof after mid-day, then the joke is reversed & you're the fool.

But how do you cope with an arbitrary time like this, I mean mid-day by whose time-zone, when it's a 24-hour online-community like ThaiVisa ? Maybe we need a forum-rule for April Fools Day ? ! :o