Anyone Had This Con Email Yet?

funfun

just got another, where do they all come from?

My Dear Friend,

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family? I hope this mail meets you in a perfect condition.

I am using this opportunity to thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transfer of fund into your account due to one reason or the other best known to you. I am happy to inform you about my success in getting the fund-transferred toa Swiss Account with the co-operation of a new partner from Paraguay who is an international businessman.

Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trust worthiness you showed, I want to compensate you and show my gratitude to you with the sum of$500,000USD (Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) I have authorized the Finance House where I deposited the money to issue you international certified bank draft cashable at your bank.

Presently I am in Paraguay for investment projects with my own share of the total sum. Meanwhile, I did not forget your past efforts and attempts to assist me in transferring those funds despite the fact that it failed us some how.

I have authorized Mr. John Kelly where I deposited my money to issue you an international certified bank draft cashable at your bank. My dear friend I want you to contact Mr. John Kelly for the collection of this international certified bank draft. The name and contact address of the Mr. John Kelly is as follows.

CONTACT AGENT Mr. John Kelly

EMAIL: [email protected]

PHONE: +234 703 801 3892

Ask him to send to you the total $500,000 (five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) which I kept for your compensation for all the past efforts and attempts to assist me in this matter. I appreciated your efforts at that time very much, so feel free and get in touch with Mr. John kelly. And instruct him where to send the amount to you.

Please do let me know immediately you receive it so that we can share the joy after all the suffering at that time. At the moment, I am very busy here because of the investment projects, which the new partner and I are having at hand. Remember that I had forwarded instruction to him on your behalf to receive that money, so get in touch with him and he will send the amount to you without delay.

Finally, my sincere advice to you as a Christian is that you should endeavor to pay your tithe to a bible believing church when you get the money.

May God continue to bless and guide us at all times.Cheers.

Sincerely,

Morris Campbell.

came from a

Morris Campbell ([email protected])

how to stop them? i marked it as unsafe, is that the best i can do?

chris

Its a 419 scam. Do a search on this site on past emails. Actually theres a site that you can give them that email and they will bait those scammers and give them so much emails that they will wish they had never sent it and give up.

Its a 419 scam. Do a search on this site on past emails. Actually theres a site that you can give them that email and they will bait those scammers and give them so much emails that they will wish they had never sent it and give up.

Except they'll just close that email addy and open another one.

Open a gmail account it will be marked as spam before you even see it. Some other person will have marked it as spam or gmail.

Its magic you never see them.

Get a least 50 junk emails a week.

Sometimes i glance to see. just pure junk i dont have to see or worry about.

See no nevil feel no evil

I second the gmail recommendation. Gmail spam filtering is amazing, it's near 100% accurate.

I got so careless with giving out my gmail address that I got on some Thai spam list. Guess what? One spam - all in Thai, no idea what it said - came though. I marked it as spam, and never saw another one.

Microsoft once promised the solution to spam by the year 2007, I think. Obviously that never happened. What happened instead is that Google came up with the solution in Gmail. I imagine they use the power of a huge user base to find spam and it works remarkably well. A spammer can easily send email to 100M users - his problem is, it's always the same spam, it's hard to do variations that can't be easily detected.