Laptop At Left Luggage

Im on a stopover in bangkok en route to chiangmai. However, I plan to wander around bangkok for the whole day,Im wondering if I can leave my laptop together with my one piece luggage at the left luggage facility at suvanabhumi? I can't squeeze my laptop into my suitcase though.Will they accept the laptop bag?

There is a left luggage office on 1st level, if I remember correctly.

No problem, I have done just that, went to Chiang Mai for 2 days.

They charge by the day, I had no problems.

Ask at information desk for exact site of office.

There are two left luggage areas in the airport, one on the departures (level 4) behind check-in row P, the other is on the second level beside the tourist police office I think.

Might be better now as have not used them for a year or so, but there were stories of things going missing in the left luggage. Try doing a search of this forum to see older threads.

Price 100 baht per 24 hours.

:o:D

Best Regards

Mr Conrad

Dont leave anything of value, they even tell you that when you drop your luggage off.

i used the left luggage facility near check in row P, level 4 before, but this is the first time Im bringing my LAPTOP...Im not really sure if they will accept .ANyway, I have better idea, I wil get a big luggage so that I can squeeze it.Thanks folks

Im on a stopover in bangkok en route to chiangmai. However, I plan to wander around bangkok for the whole day,Im wondering if I can leave my laptop together with my one piece luggage at the left luggage facility at suvanabhumi? I can't squeeze my laptop into my suitcase though.Will they accept the laptop bag?

It might be safe from thieves at the left luggage area, however I have seen some ROUGH handling of luggage in that area. Guess all you can do is make sure it is tuck secure away and withstand a few drops or some heavy bumps. :D:o:D

It might be safe from thieves at the left luggage area, however I have seen some ROUGH handling of luggage in that area. Guess all you can do is make sure it is tuck secure away and withstand a few drops or some heavy bumps. :D:o:D

I've heard that if you leave your laptop in your case and it should get brocken or go missing your insurance won't cover this.

Wee Jimmy.

I've heard that they x-ray the bags and don't accept laptops or expensive cameras. No first hand experience, though since personally I always use Bangkok Self Storage, which wouldn't be appropriate in the OPs particular case.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used the Swampy left luggage a number of times, last late last year.

NEVER see any X_Ray machine.

Then, I have neva left anything but clothes, dirty washing.......LOL

Give a thought of shrink wrapping ya bag, mite be a deterrant, dunno.

The xray machine is on the right side of the counter at the left luggage office next to the tourist police office. The staff in the left luggage office have always told me they will not accept electronic items in my left baggage.

• 3 weeks later...

It might be safe from thieves at the left luggage area, however I have seen some ROUGH handling of luggage in that area.

If you think that's rough, you should see what the bag smashers do to them on the way to the airplane and back.

• 2 weeks later...

Last time I used the left luggage at the bottom floor- they searched my bag and others before they would accept it.

the point being is that you laptop would be safest if you could lock your bag and nobody knew it was there - but since they would know it would be suspect - especially if it was left through a change of shift then they could more easily deny. I would empty all the extras out of the laptop bag to reduce the weight and just lug it for the day