What's The Best Things You Ever Did?

medicinebox

Everyone has a story on this one. What things that you have done made you feel proud of yourself?

Nothing sexual, cos that will spoil it.

Heres a couple of mine.

My baby nephew fell off a chair at dinner. I caught him about an inch before he hit his face on the tiles.

I won the school record for the shot putt, while I was still in the fourth year. Beating the fifth years.

Gave an old man a lift on the back of the bike to a remote village in Cambodia. Saved him a 6km walk.

I took a group diving around a maze of coral reef, and managed to navigate so that we surfaced right next to our boat. (many boats).

I walked away from a job/life that was going nowhere.

I spoke up to a crowd of 3 ques at the cinema shouting which que was for Pulp Fiction? Even though everone looked at the floor and never replied.

So I want to know what made you feel proud of yourself? The feelgood factor about ones self.

:o

We all have them moments, though too rare I suppose.

I saved 2 people from drowning in chowpharya river , one is a three years old girl when i was 12 years old and another one was my friend when i was 14. I am an organ donor.

PLUS I trying to save the world by breath out once in a while, reduce :o carbondiokside :D

I saved a teenagers life by resuscitation who later went on to kill 2 kids... :o

On a happier note, the best thing I've ever done for myself was to build a swimming pool for my health. It also is great for my soul... :D

poolb.jpg

I once saved a beautiful girl's beachball from drowning.

I was captain of our rugby team.

I played Nintendo 64 with Ash

I once played 'Eye of the tiger' as my lead in record in front of 3,000 people.

I was the youngest licensee in England (for about a month until some other tyke stole my crown)

The lead singer of EMF bought some sp**d from me

I stood up to a motorcycle gang, (honda dream Angels) got a good kicking but I stood up to them (until I fell over, broken, bleeding and covered in mace)

I banned the guitarist from Super furry animals from my bar for nicking a bottle of whiskey - great band, pikey bastards though.

I held the record for holding cadbury mini eggs in my foreskin

I had 7 lesbians stay in my bedroom - in the UK

I managed a band that got signed (and then self destructed spectacularly)

I invented the game Smash/No smash

I caught captain sensibles kegs when he threw them into the audience at a Dammed Gig.

I won the school record for the high jump and also the district and borough.

I also walked away from a job/life that was going nowhere.

Saved my Dads clients son from drowning in cyprus.

Making my Dad proud (after years of poncing) by creating the best music club in pattaya (and bangkok for that matter :o )

Marrying my wife.

Just come back from sailing around the andaman sea.

I built the worlds biggest Piggy Bank (yes really) and towed/drove it around Australia to raise money for an Australian kids charity. I went to 84 towns/cities and drove 24,000 kms in 86 days and raised $2,000,000 Aus in hand in donations and a further 6,000,000 Aus in postal donations via the media exposure.

I launched it at Circular Quay in Sydney with Today FM (sponsors) and drove north. It was a brilliant trip, with Rotary and Apex helping out along the way.

The money box was 16 feet long, 8 ft wide and 12 foot high. :D

Crossing the Nullabour Plains, North West Australia and Outback Northern Territory was funny as all of the truckies were aware of me via their CB's and would be waiting to get me pissed as I arrived. Met great people on the trip and the money was used to build a "kids centre" in the Blue Mountains.

Unforgettable. :o

Doing a tandem parachute jump near Mount Maunganui in NZ.

Probably saved a guys life who had just been run over by a ute with 20 people on the back. In Perth, WA

Getting a bronze medal for my school in the county championship for highjump when most competitors were older than me.

Leaving Scotland.

Getting residence for Oz

Climbing Ayers Rock for sunrise

Doing the Zorb in Nz

Buying a 2nd hand car and touring through NZ for 2.5 months.

Going up Table Mountain in Cape Town. SA

Thats just a few that springs to mind.

First time snowboarding on Mt Dobson. NZ aswell

Must say this is a good thread instead of BG posts.

I won the school record for the high jump and also the district and borough.

hmmm, young david, i won the kent championship for the high jump, i can see we are going to have a falling out :o 4 foot 11 inches i believe and i was 12 years old, all it takes is a good coach saying the right words as you start your run un up.

hey watch out, he saw u stealing the sweets fom the sweet shop :D

Best things I ever did? (Not in any particular order...)

Leaving my wife (just happens to spring to mind!) :o

Meeting my Thai GF :D

Having Lasik surgery on my eyes (I was -12 short-sighted and blind as the proverbial bat..)

Being a DJ in the early 70s on an offshore pirate radio station in the North Sea

Giving up drink (well, almost giving up!)

Giving up smoking

Not giving up women :D

Learning to read/write Thai (I must be a masochist...)