Two Englishmen Arrested For Smoking......................

libya 115

SOURCE: Pattaya City News: April 2nd 2008

Two Englishmen Arrested for Smoking Marijuana.

At around 3:00am on Wednesday police from Soi 9 station were called to the beach area in front of the Pattayaland sois at the south end of Pattaya where passers-by had noticed two foreign men engaged in smoking a funny-smelling substance.

At the scene police took a couple of very happy-looking Englishmen, Mr Nicholas Ashford, aged 47, and Mr Nigel Kedar, aged 43, into custody and charged them with smoking a prohibited substance, namely marijuana.

The pair told police they had purchased the happy weed for 1,000 baht from a dealer on Walking Street but in their haste to taste the flavour of their purchase they had rolled a couple of joints and were feeling no pain when the police turned up.

The pair will have to face court in the coming days on what is a class 5 drugs charge here in Thailand.

At around 3:00am on Wednesday police from Soi 9 station were called to the beach area in front of the Pattayaland sois at the south end of Pattaya where passers-by had noticed two foreign men engaged in smoking a funny-smelling substance.

At the scene police took a couple of very happy-looking Englishmen, Mr Nicholas Ashford, aged 47, and Mr Nigel Kedar, aged 43, into custody and charged them with smoking a prohibited substance, namely marijuana.

The pair told police they had purchased the happy weed for 1,000 baht from a dealer on Walking Street but in their haste to taste the flavour of their purchase they had rolled a couple of joints and were feeling no pain when the police turned up.

The pair will have to face court in the coming days on what is a class 5 drugs charge here in Thailand.

hi,

can some1 tell me me whats the likely sentence for just smoking 1 joint ? small fine , big fine or deported and if so could you re_enter thailand at a latter time or out for good .

i dont smoke at all or take drugs only wondering , how bad for them ... :o .

martyn....

Pair of muppets!!! :o

It's easy to slag people off for minor transgressions like this. Couple of young lads, just here, taken in by the relaxed atmosphere - anything goes, buy a little dope, go with the flow and bingo the BiB appear and the 60's atmosphere suddenly goes sour.

Just a minute, young lads? 47 and 43 years old?

Pair of muppets tw@ts!!! :D

I think its possible to bribe the local police. 1 joint maybe 20000 Baht . :D

Or you could just wait for a deportation but thats no fun....

hi,

can some1 tell me me whats the likely sentence for just smoking 1 joint ? small fine , big fine or deported and if so could you re_enter thailand at a latter time or out for good .

martyn....

hi,

martyn....

Now it has been reported in the press the options are limited.

They will go to court, they will be fined, and may spend time in the monkey house. This depends on how much grass they had on them, rather than in them. I am not sure what B1000 buys in walking street, but they will be done for more than a couple of joints.

Following the punishment from the courts they will be delivered to immigration for deportation and subsequent listing as PNG. This little bit of fun will ensure the do not get visas for most of Asia, the US and a large selection of other countries.

Even though it's got some press that doesn't mean much, it's only a couple of joints or so I would have thought since I doubt 1000 baht buys you much on walking street.

I expect they will be out soon enough, probably already. Soon as fine negotiations are finished.

where passers-by had noticed two foreign men engaged in smoking a funny-smelling substance...

hahaha... as if passers-by would care... when you read this just understand that the dealer called the police right after selling the weed...

where passers-by had noticed two foreign men engaged in smoking a funny-smelling substance...

hahaha... as if passers-by would care... when you read this just understand that the dealer called the police right after selling the weed...

No, he WAS the police!

No, he WAS the police!

Hmmm i was just thinking that too, Police in Thailand are allowed to sell drugs to users correct? Just so they can then arrest them. Or is that a myth i heard?

Anyway, IMO These blokes were very stupid to do any type of illegal drug in Thailand, Thailand isn't like there home country.... Thailand has very strict laws on drugs, I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't know that, So it's their own fault for walking around in public with a spliff <deleted> :o Silly farang :D

hi,

martyn....

Now it has been reported in the press the options are limited.

They will go to court, they will be fined, and may spend time in the monkey house. This depends on how much grass they had on them, rather than in them. I am not sure what B1000 buys in walking street, but they will be done for more than a couple of joints.

Following the punishment from the courts they will be delivered to immigration for deportation and subsequent listing as PNG. This little bit of fun will ensure the do not get visas for most of Asia, the US and a large selection of other countries.

Can you elaborate? which parts of Asia and what other countries ?and how is this information gathered and enforced

cheers

Edited by zorro1

D-i-s-c-r-e-t-i-o-n goes out the window.... smiley_emoticons_joint.gif

with all the dealers loitering in that beach area opposite the pattayaland sois, yelling juana,

juana, juana, coke, coke, coke is amazing how they consistently avoid capture. take two

silly tourists and they've got the police sniffer dogs down there busting the drug kingpins. :o