Non Visa O Work Permit

Greetings all,

Ok well just wants to know a quick Question....Im married to a Thai.... I am holding a Visa Non Imigrant Visa O Multiple...And my question is that

I am Setting up a company and well my shareholder will be my thai wife family memebrs and me as the Managing Director...Well can my Visa O change to Work Permit???

We are Setting up An Internet Cafe and also a Tour Agency...

regards,

Joe

Your visa has absolutely nothing to do with ANYTHING once you are inside Thailand. No one inside Thailand - other than the Immigration officer who admits you into the country - ever cares anything about your visa. From the moment you enter Thailand, it is your entry permit that is important.

If you have a 90 day non-immigrant entry permit issued on the basis of entering with a Class O visa, then you can routinely obtain a work permit from this entry permit status.

There is no "change" involved - a Class O non-immigrant entry permit is a routine qualifying status for applying for a work permit.

Once you have a work permit, your 90-day Class O entry permit extension can be extended under either one of two processes:

1) On the basis of suppporting a Thai spouse.

2) On the basis of having qualifying employment, for a company qualified to sponsor such an extension.

Many peoiple think that category 2 involves a "change" from Class O to Class B status - this is not the case. They are simply both routine ways to extend either sort of non-immigrant entry permit.

I will let the "law office" you select to support you help you figure out the particulars. My company would be happy to assist you - but it makes no attempt to be the cheapest service provider.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com