Disabled Stickers

bunta71

Anyone know about handicapped license plates? When I went to get my drivers license they gave me a hard time and the"once over" several times because of my severe limp...two bad knees needing replaced long overdue.They must have something along the lines of handicapped stickers or something because at Rimping (Limping for me) at Mee chok plaza they have a handicap space...even has fresh paint

>They must have something along the lines of handicapped stickers or something....

I asked around the office here, there are no "official" stickers that my staff are aware of like the western white line outline of a wheelchair etc. that could be put in the windscreen of your car, I would suggest that you make your own. *

>Anyone know about handicapped license plates?

There is no such thing in Thailand. *

> When I went to get my drivers license they gave me a hard time

> and the"once over" several times because of my severe limp

They were probably concerned about the limit of your ability and if the medical certificate that you presented was correct *. Thailand is not the same as farangland with regard to allowing those with disability to drive.

* Ref. Member of my staff with servere disability (leg) that drives an automatic car.

Anyone know about handicapped license plates? When I went to get my drivers license they gave me a hard time and the"once over" several times because of my severe limp...two bad knees needing replaced long overdue.They must have something along the lines of handicapped stickers or something because at Rimping (Limping for me) at Mee chok plaza they have a handicap space...even has fresh paint

Being as you are already familiar with " Limping Meechok Plaza " at that same plaza, right at the front corner, right by the crossroad intersection at the red light, there is a 3 or 4 story clock tower. Go in there and ask. Being this is Thailand, be prepared for the disabled to climb a flight or two of stairs.

Let us know how you make out

and

boycott Air Asia and Nok Air as unfriendly skies for the disabled

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Being as you are already familiar with " Limping Meechok Plaza " at that same plaza, right at the front corner, right by the crossroad intersection at the red light, there is a 3 or 4 story clock tower. Go in there and ask. Being this is Thailand, be prepared for the disabled to climb a flight or two of stairs.

and

As a disabled Veteran I find when flying airasia the outside wing seats are very refreshing, and the instant flush outside toilets are amazing :o Nignoy

and

As a disabled Veteran I find when flying airasia the outside wing seats are very refreshing, and the instant flush outside toilets are amazing :D Nignoy

That wing seat toilet sure puts a new meaning on blow dried, or blown away

:o

Why you don't ask at the Disabled Center or at the Italian restaurant Il Forno, with its disabled owner and staff (some of them, that is).

They may know about good solid toilets as well :o

Nienke

Having a disabled sticker would not be a lot of help as the only vehicles that I have seen parked in the disabled slot at Rimping Mae Chok are driven by very able Thai's.

The intent (of providing the restricted park) might be good but like most other things in the realm Thai's have little respect for others.

If they did you would not see motorcycles everywhere blocking footpaths etc

It's plain and simple "heng ga tua" :o