Cash Required At Sadao ? Ranong ?

I am Phuket based.. For a while now I have been warning the local barflys they need to wise up and sort thier situations out (why I do this God only knows) but now that the peice I pushed the Phuket Gazette to write got published on Saturday people are starting to realize that this is real.

Most people do a bus run to Ranong... Is Ranong asking for 10k / 20k baht for 30 and 90- days ??

Some people Are having to use Penang tourist visa's and work permit renewals... Is Sadao (or PedangBasar) asking to see cash ??

Real reports from people crossing the borders would be very welcome.. Currently it is at the officers discrecion so no one knows really what to prepare for (I say prepare for the worst)...

Personally I am not worrried about this ruling as I carry money like that on the hip a lot of the time and dont do my visa runs on mass with everyone else. I do think they have the implementation ass backwards because if they made people prove 10 or 20k was sent in from outside Thailand monthly they would immediately catch 100's or 1000's of farangs working black in Thailand without papers and woprk permits.. This current rule does nothing except inconvience people (I mean who cant borrow 10k ??).

So Malaysia land borders and Ranong land border anyone ??

So no one has done a Sadao or Ranong run yet then ???

Done a run to Ranong on the 14th Sept. There were no signs warning about the showing of cash at the immigration office at that time.

Sorry but that's the only info I know re. Ranong.

I did a visa run to Ranong yesterday.NO cash requirement at all.I'm on a non-b but the other guys in the minibus were staying on 30 day visas.One of them wasn't even wearing shoes!

if mai friend Ding says sew, ewe can take it straight two da bank. E'ye've known da dude a while and he never steered n e 1 wrong yet.