Found Black Licorice

Foodland Latphao Road has had it for sale for the last year or so. Several kinds (German made) in about 80 baht packages. The thin one shaped (rolled) like a bicycle wheel is quite good - the other type was not to my liking.

natural liquorice root can be bought at many local markets and healthfood shops around the country ,(its called raak cha-em in thai), sold in bundles of root cuttings , each one about 3 inches long , they can be chewed but they are bitter , better soaked then boiled up with water and sweetened with sugar to make a drink.

Oh, man, you had to post this just after our trip to BKK. We'd have been there buying some. We both love black liquorice, and have been particularly wanting black jelly beans lately. Ah, well. Next trip.

Bought some 200g packages of Haribo Rotella Lakritze Schnecken Spitze at 84 baht each in Foodland, Latphao Road today.

Was only permitted to buy 2 bags of Thai rice however - getting bad when you can't freely buy rice in Thailand!

• 4 months later...

Villa in Pattaya had some licorice from Australia recently RiCCi is the brand and they had black - which lasted about 2 days and red and even an apple flavor - not my favorite.

This was about 2 months ago and I have not seen it again. I keep asking though..... :o