Waiters On Wheels

ruds

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anybody used waiters on wheels yet? What was the service like? Are they as good as Door 2 Door? I was going to use them last night but stuck with D2D as I have used them many times before

Please don't take this as a flame, but I've always been curious as to why "tourists" in Pattaya would need a door-to-door food delivery service with thousands of restaurants everywhere you look. You're paying more than you would in the restaurant for the same meal, and if the quality is no good you're stuck with it. It'll end up lukewarm on arrival, and meals served up in polystyrene containers lose their appeal.

I used Door 2 Door for a few days once when I was sick, but never enjoyed the experience.

Has anybody used waiters on wheels yet? What was the service like? Are they as good as Door 2 Door? I was going to use them last night but stuck with D2D as I have used them many times before

Please don't take this as a flame, but I've always been curious as to why "tourists" in Pattaya would need a door-to-door food delivery service with thousands of restaurants everywhere you look. You're paying more than you would in the restaurant for the same meal, and if the quality is no good you're stuck with it. It'll end up lukewarm on arrival, and meals served up in polystyrene containers lose their appeal.

I used Door 2 Door for a few days once when I was sick, but never enjoyed the experience.

Seconded Tropo (OMG we agree on something).

The only food that should ever be delivered is a pizza - and most of them are <deleted>.

The only food that should ever be delivered is a pizza - and most of them are <deleted>.

"The only food that should ever be delivered is a pizza" :D

An onion baji with mint sauce and salard, with a chicken bhuna, and 3 chapatis! from india palace somewhere near soi 7/ 8! must be drunk first!

or

Full english Breakfast with all the trimmings from Tropical berts! must not have eaten for 3 days!

or

Them pot noodle things,

but never, never a piza! :o

WOW! Waiters On Wheels:

I recommend you all go and pick up a copy of their glossy brochure from Frienship Supermarket, or any other outlet. I laughed like a drain for two hours solid when I read it from cover to cover.

Example:

Page 78: How about a case of Heineken beer 24 X 330ml: a snip at 1,400 baht and don't forget you have 10% added to that plus the 60 baht delivery charge.

Page 84/85: 'Supermarket Section': How about a bottle of HP brown sauce: a steal at 160 baht (plus 10%): {I pay 96 baht in Friendship}

You have got to be completely housebound to pay these sort of prices. Stephen Hawking would make it to Friendship rather than part with that sort of cash.

The Food

O.K. I have used Door to door a few times, at night, when drunk after getting the munchies, but even then I make a considered order. It is no good ordering chips, because they just cool down and go soggy in ten minutes. Plus it is no use ordering an all-day fry up, as much as I'd like one, I know the toast, fried eggs and hot coffee and hash browns won't make it through the traffic.

A turkish kebab might stand up, and so might a plastic bag of chicken madras curry and a polystyrene container of pilau rice.

Like others have said these take away services are O.K. in an emergency but far better value is a free delivery pizza from Pizza Hut.

Edited by libya 115

An onion baji with mint sauce and salard, with a chicken bhuna, and 3 chapatis! from india palace somewhere near soi 7/ 8! must be drunk first!

or

Full english Breakfast with all the trimmings from Tropical berts! must not have eaten for 3 days!

or

Them pot noodle things,

That's cheating, they just walk it across the road on a plate!! :D

or

or

Them pot noodle things,

That's cheating, they just walk it across the road on a plate!! :D

yeah, i dont like to do too much!, what is it it with everyone an pizza? soggy bread wi cheese on, or rock hard bread wi cheese on! :D

yeah, i dont like to do too much!, what is it it with everyone an pizza? soggy bread wi cheese on, or rock hard bread wi cheese on! :o

I've always said the same - posh cheese on toast I used to call it, but then it would cost you £15 for a small one.

As mentioned previously, good in a pissed starvation emergency, we don't all have the pleasure? of being in town all day every day.

yeah, i dont like to do too much!, what is it it with everyone an pizza? soggy bread wi cheese on, or rock hard bread wi cheese on! :o

I've always said the same - posh cheese on toast I used to call it, but then it would cost you £15 for a small one.

As mentioned previously, good in a pissed starvation emergency, we don't all have the pleasure? of being in town all day every day.

yep id have to be drunk and it be on a table, could never order one! on that thinking of food its bbq tonight to see hamilton get 2nd place i rekon and i dont think Kubika will win, i rekon it will be Raikonen! followed in 3rd by massa then Kubika! :D

Please don't take this as a flame, but I've always been curious as to why "tourists" in Pattaya would need a door-to-door food delivery service with thousands of restaurants everywhere you look.

...because sometimes, the hotel...er..activity confines you to your room, and what you're doing is much more exciting (exhausting?) than going out to find grub. Catch my drift?

yeah, i dont like to do too much!, what is it it with everyone an pizza? soggy bread wi cheese on, or rock hard bread wi cheese on! :D

yep id have to be drunk and it be on a table, could never order one! on that thinking of food its bbq tonight to see hamilton get 2nd place i rekon and i dont think Kubika will win, i rekon it will be Raikonen! followed in 3rd by massa then Kubika! :D

I already replied to this, but it seems to have been deleted (off topic?)

Maybe I will come down your place later to watch it, though the missus always has a problem with me going to soi 6 for some reason.

Prediction:

Massa

Raikonnen

Hamilton

Kubica nowhere, as he qualified with an empty tank and will have to stop early, rejoining near or at the back.

To keep it on topic, and avoid this one being deleted, shall we order pizza during the GP? You'll have to get me p1ssed first! :o

I already replied to this, but it seems to have been deleted (off topic?)

Maybe I will come down your place later to watch it, though the missus always has a problem with me going to soi 6 for some reason.

Prediction:

Massa

Raikonnen

Hamilton

Kubica nowhere, as he qualified with an empty tank and will have to stop early, rejoining near or at the back.

To keep it on topic, and avoid this one being deleted, shall we order pizza during the GP? You'll have to get me p1ssed first! :o

Good morning, well that was a good drink wasnt it?

right then Grand Prix reults in case you like me cant remember what we watched!

1 Felipe Massa (Brz) Ferrari one hour 31 minutes 6.970 seconds

2 Kimi Raikkonen (Fin) Ferrari +3.339 secs

3 Robert Kubica (Pol) BMW Sauber +4.998

4 Nick Heidfeld (Ger) BMW Sauber +8.409

5 Heikki Kovalainen (Fin) McLaren-Mercedes +26.789

6 Jarno Trulli (Ita) Toyota +41.314

7 Mark Webber (Aus) Red Bull-Renault +45.473

8 Nico Rosberg (Ger) Williams-Toyota +55.889

9 Timo Glock (Ger) Toyota +1:09.500

10 Fernando Alonso (Spa) Renault +1:17.181

11 Rubens Barrichello (Bra) Honda +1:17.862

12 Giancarlo Fisichella (Ita) Force India-Ferrari one lap behind

13 Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes one lap

14 Kazuki Nakajima (Jpn) Williams-Toyota one lap

15 Sebastien Bourdais (Fra) Toro Rosso-Ferrari one lap

16 Anthony Davidson (GB) Super Aguri-Honda one lap

17 Takuma Sato (Jpn) Super Aguri-Honda one lap

18 David Coulthard (GB) Red Bull-Renault one lap

19 Adrian Sutil (Ger) Force India-Ferrari two laps

R Nelson Piquet Jr (Brz) Renault 40 laps completed

R Jenson Button (GB) Honda 19 laps

R Sebastian Vettel (Ger) Toro Rosso-Ferrari 0 laps

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/7333277.stm

i cant even remember what hamilton did wrong, apart from failing to win!!!!

so in a nut shell my predictions were wrong!

shall we have a drink for the spic one?

well have to put a spanish theme on the bbq, donkey burgers!

Sat 26 April 2008

Saturday Practice 16:00 - 17:00

Qualifying 19:00

Sun 27 April 2008

Race 19:00

http://www.formula1.com/races/in_detail/sp...it_diagram.html

my head!!

Is it just me or have all your pages fallen out of the menu for waiters on wheels, aren't they suppose to last 1 year.

???????????

Must be you 'cos I have all the pages but they don't give amd address for Istanbul Kebab House.

329/15 New Plaza

Pattaya 2nd Road

Central Pattaya

Tel : 038 720 489

I also recommend 'Cherry' restaurant on Pattaya 3rd Road.

it just me or have all your pages fallen out of the menu for waiters on wheels, aren't they suppose to last 1 year

My books back page is nearly off. :D

Just; cut the back page off and laminate it; then reach for the tissues. :o

I like the WOW pattaya web site, you can order online and save the annoyance of having to speak to a thai operator when you phone, repeating everything over and over, and save the price of the phone call.

Their minimum order is only 150 baht!! great news for single bloke in condo, door2door has min order of 250 baht. I never use door2door, basically if your a single bloke in your condo wanting a snack like toasted cheese sandwich and chips door2door is not cheap. you will get charged the min order 250 baht then 10% service charge then 70 baht delivery charge, so all of a sudden your sarny and chips that should cost 160 baht is now 350 and you will give a tip to the driver so your almost upto 400 baht if you use door2door for a snack.

why dont they think of the single man who wants a snack and doesnt want to pay 400 baht. they must be loosing out on hundreds of orders... they just dont cater for guys who want something delivered for about 200 baht. if they didnt have the stupid minimum order i would order all the time, I cant be alone? there must be hundreds of blokes who only want toasty and chips or something small, these are the guys who are penalised by the minimum order rule and probably the guys who never use door2door for this reason. surely all these 200/250 baht orders are worth something too? think of the volume

anyway, im going to try wowpattaya.com tonight and order online and see how it is. the fact that the minimum order is only 150 makes it much cheaper for me!

eg: 2 battered sausages and chips = 165, plus 60 baht delivery plus 10% service = 247 baht total. im only paying 82 baht for delivery, so considering they have to order it for me, go and collect it, put it in their HOT box and transport it to me hot to jomtien for 82 baht sounds too good to be true.

if i order from door2door i have to pay 250 baht min order.

eg: Sausage Roll with Chips & Baked Beans = 215 from nikkies,

250B min order, plus 70 baht delivery, plus 10% = 353 baht.

over 100 baht more than waiters on wheels.

i will check back in later after i have tried the food and service.

no one on here seems to have actually tried waiter on wheels so it will be good to see how they turn out.

I just ordered from waiters on wheels. heres what happened.

I ordered online because i havent got a menu booklet yet. and because i wanted it to be easier than phoning them.

the online ordering system is easy and good. it tells you how much your order is. and exactly what you are ordering before you CLICK "Submit order"

after i ordered it. it says "Someone will call you back within 5 mins" to confirm order

I waited 10 mins, and then they called.

This is where is gets slightly frustrating. she repeats every single part of what i had put online back to me!

my address, my order, my written directions for driver and tips and hints that i had put to make it easier for him. this took 6 mins!! really annoying with the language barrier..

basically it was a waste of time ordering online, it would have been far quicker and easier if i had phoned them and ordered it. at least then i wouldnt of had to wait 10 mins for them to phone me back only to repeat every single detail back to me. it took 16 mins from when i submitted order online to when i finished repeating order to the lady who called to confirm order.

she then said delivery will be before 1 hour.

I complained and said basically it should only be 30/40 mins, NOT 1 hour. she said it wont be 1 hour it will be under 1 hour. I said OK.

I ordered:

Indian food. chicken tikka masala curry, nan bread, pilouh rice, 330B, plus 60 delivery plus 10% service.

total 429B Not bad.. i am happy with the price.

I was very pleased that The delivery was here within 30 mins of when i had confirmed my order!

great timing considering i am deep in jomtien. the guy looked smart and had a nice shiney bike with HOT box on back. the food was still hot.

I look forward to using them again but will phone the order next time!

* If anyone from waiters on wheels is reading this I suggest that when you get an order online, just call the person back only to briefly make sure its a real order. no need to repeat the entire order and directions back to me! I already know it and have submitted it perfectly online. just check its a real order, and confirm total price and thats it! Also you got to call them within the agreed 5 mins, i thought that I had been forgotten until they phoned me after 10 mins of waiting.

I will use again for sure,