Hotel Booking In Vietnam

I dont have experience with them, but in general its always a good idea to book through a company who is based in that specific country, as they are more familiar with the local market and often have better connections and therefore, better deals.....

as for Vietnam: it probably makes sense to call the hotel u want to book directly. same as in Malaysia, it can be cheaper to book directly through the hotel rather than through an international booking-website. at least its worth a try. staff at Vietnamese hotels usually speak a reasonable english, so dont hesitate to call them....

I dont have experience with them, but in general its always a good idea to book through a company who is based in that specific country, as they are more familiar with the local market and often have better connections and therefore, better deals.....

as for Vietnam: it probably makes sense to call the hotel u want to book directly. same as in Malaysia, it can be cheaper to book directly through the hotel rather than through an international booking-website. at least its worth a try. staff at Vietnamese hotels usually speak a reasonable english, so dont hesitate to call them.... It's very seldom I book directly through the hotels, but there's no harm in trying.

Edited by ClaytonSeymour

Many hotels in Vietnam (like Laos) expect you to call directly since many don't take cards so expect you to make a booking, turn up and pay cash.

Many of the agency sites (Asiarooms etc.) have the direct numbers for the hotels.

Obviously the exception to this fact is if you are staying in one of the large international hotels which expect a card for the booking.

• 10 months later...
Has anyone used hotels-in-vietnam.com & if so, how did they rate the service? I'm asking the question as they seem cheaper than the usual suspects i.e. planetholiday, asiarooms etc.

Hanoi Pacific Hotel , Noibai Airport Taxi Hello everybody I am a new member of Luyenchuong and i am very happy with this forum 1. Are you in search for a suitable hotel that would provide you with a lodging facility and basic amenities that would serve all your purpose of accommodation? If you are, in that case visit on of the known hotel in Hanoi , popularly known as Pacific Hotel Hanoi or is even named as Cozy Family Hotel in Hanoi. Web: pacifichotel.com.vn 2. Hanoi Taxi from Noi Bai Airport to Center Web: noibaitaxi.comAs of Oct 2008, when exiting Noi Bai International Airport , visitors will see lines to queue for taxis, with signs stating that it costs $16 USD to Hanoi. There are a few companies operating this route including Viet Thanh Taxi and Noi Bai Taxi. Visitors will pay directly to the driver when reaching the hotel. No toll fee or any other charge. However this is not always the case as tourists have been overcharged, even up to $30 USD for a taxi. Besides that, do be careful of touts. It isn't a bad idea to arrange an airport transfer with your hotel, to save the hassle.

Cheers

Lorena Marco