Opening A Bank Account In Thailand From Holland

You may try to contact HSBC in Amsterdam if they can help you. They are all over the world. Also, ING bought a 30% stake in a relatively small Thai bank, TMB and maybe they know a way for you.

ABN AMRO has a corporate and institutional office in BKK and you may want to contact the Amsterdam head office to see wether they can help.

LaoPo

I have contacted the ING bank in Holland but the guy i spoke with did not know of a bank in Thailand that is for 30% theirs....

I will try tomorrow again for the head office.....

I did find that Thai bank on the internet....

Thanks anyway

I have contacted the ING bank in Holland but the guy i spoke with did not know of a bank in Thailand that is for 30% theirs....

I will try tomorrow again for the head office.....

I did find that Thai bank on the internet....

Thanks anyway

Either call his boss and tell him to sack the guy :o or have him send back to school.

Here you go:

* http://www.ing.com/group/showdoc.jsp?docid=297378_EN

* Amsterdam, 28 December 2007

ING announced today that it has finalised the acquisition of a 30% stake (on a fully diluted basis) in TMB Bank PCL (TMB) in Thailand for approximately EUR 460 million. The transaction enables ING to extend its footprint in the fast growing Asian market.

LaoPo

You may try to contact HSBC in Amsterdam if they can help you. They are all over the world. Also, ING bought a 30% stake in a relatively small Thai bank, TMB and maybe they know a way for you.

ABN AMRO has a corporate and institutional office in BKK and you may want to contact the Amsterdam head office to see wether they can help.

LaoPo

TMB is not a small Thai bank ... at least in Thailand ... it's the 5th largest one.

As for opening an account from oversea after ING bought 30% stake ... in your dream.

Is it possible to open a bank account in Thailand without being in Thailand ???

We ( Both farang) are now in Holland but we need urgently a bank account in Thailand.

So how can we arange this???

Both farang, urgent need to open account, Thailand..... (The mind boggles why..)

Your dutch so i think you will understand "TAAI-LAND". Or what is easy in many places will take ages here if not outright impossible. welcome to the other dimension. ( Whistle "twilight zone" tune here for effect)

Even when you are in Thailand it will not be easy with all the right papers.

Forget it.

Today after a lot of phonecalls i finally had contact with the TMB bank on Koh Chang and indeed i have to come in person to open an account there so i have to wait a little bit untill i'm back in Thailand :D

Be careful with opening a bank account on Koh Chang itself; maybe for 'tea' money but not for larger amounts.

Friends of mine just returned from KC (staid there and Koh Wai for 3 months) and told me a story about a couple from 'our' country, wanting to invest in a beach business.... :o

Take care and think not once not twice but a hundred times...

LaoPo

Is it possible to open a bank account in Thailand without being in Thailand ???

We ( Both farang) are now in Holland but we need urgently a bank account in Thailand.

So how can we arange this???

No way. Thailand's banking industry is years, if not decades behind, e.g. you cannot transfer from your account with bank A to another account with the same bank, but you have to withdraw the money from your account first before depositing the cash into the other account again. I'm not really familiar with U.S. banking, but if you come from Europe this sounds like real madness. Also, try to have an ATM/Visa card's PIN code reset, they cannot/won't do it, but you have to apply for a completely new card!

Your only chance, beside turning up for this in Thailand, might be to have a Thai person open a joint account, so you may not be needed for opening the account. Of course this person could empty out the cash on such an account. Sorry, but you have to show up in person with your passport, and depending what bank or branch you want to go, even a certain type of visa, etc.

HSBC Thailand and TMB bank are independent banks from the head offices overseas; impossible that ING can help you, as for HSBC you can try...

Edited by 7