Princess Diana Unlawfully Killed

funfun

Princess Diana unlawfully killed

Princess Diana unlawfully killed

Diana, Princess of Wales

The jury noted Princess Diana was not wearing a seatbelt

Princess Diana was unlawfully killed due to the "gross negligence" of driver Henri Paul and the paparazzi, an inquest jury has found.

The jury reached the same verdict for her companion Dodi Al Fayed.

The jury also specified that Mr Paul's drink-driving and a lack of seatbelts contributed to their deaths.

Mr Fayed's father Mohamed refused to accept the verdict. Former Met Police chief Lord Stephens said he hoped the verdict would bring "closure".

The inquest into the 1997 Paris crash that killed them and Mr Paul lasted six months.

The jury returned joint verdicts of unlawful killing through grossly negligent driving - or gross negligence manslaughter.

Coroner Lord Justice Scott Baker thanked them for their "considerable devotion" to duty.

Princes Diana was killed when Mr Paul crashed a hired Mercedes into a pillar in the Alma underpass in Paris in the early hours of 31 August, 1997.

I do hope everybody will take this verdict as being closure to this particular tragic incident and the people who've died will be allowed to rest in peace

Lord Stevens

Former Met Police chief

A statement read on behalf of Mohamed al Fayed said the verdicts would come as a blow to "millions" of his supporters around the world .

"For 10 years I have endured two police investigations. The French and the Scotland Yard inquiries were wrong. These inquests prove it. They said it was an accident and their findings are now dismissed."

As he emerged from the court, he said: "The most important thing is it is murder."

Former Metropolitan Police commissioner Lord Stevens welcomed the verdicts as a "justification" of the inquiry he led into the deaths.

He said: "I just hope that this can bring closure to what has been a traumatic event for many people.

"Mr al Fayed said that he will accept the verdict of the jury. The verdict has been clear. They have said they are absolutely sure that there is no conspiracy in relation to this matter.

"I do hope everybody will take this verdict as being closure to this particular tragic incident and the people who've died will be allowed to rest in peace."

Princes Diana's sister, Lady Sarah McCorquodale, left the court without commenting.

The Ministry of Justice confirmed it is not possible for the Crown Prosecution Service to prosecute foreign nationals for deaths abroad, even if the victim is British. All of the paparazzi involved were foreign.

"The most important thing is it is murder." :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/7328754.stm

And I care about this why? It relates to Thailand how?

So Thais can see that the British legal system is so incompetent it has to spend 10 million pound on a 6 month trial 10 years after a member of the public died in a car crash driven by a drunk driver that was being chased by men on motorbikes whilst not wearing a seatbelt, just to confirm that she was killed in a car crash driven by a drunk driver that was being chased by men on motorbikes whilst not wearing a seatbelt.

And they say Thailand gives special treatment to the rich and priveleged.

So Thais can see that the British legal system is so incompetent it has to spend 10 million pound on a 6 month trial 10 years after a member of the public died in a car crash driven by a drunk driver that was being chased by men on motorbikes whilst not wearing a seatbelt, just to confirm that she was killed in a car crash driven by a drunk driver that was being chased by men on motorbikes whilst not wearing a seatbelt.

Certanly sir,

one must remember this incident happened in france, while we British dont condone anything france type people do, we must been seen to look into anything they may do!

For England!!! :o

So that next time everyone gets up in arms about how corrupt the Thai system is, you can look back on this and see that the so called civilised countries are even more corrupt and even more adept at covering things up. :o

Well, I dont care id is Diana or someone else, any murder should be well judged by a court, and responsibles should pay it. RIP for them. a lost is a lost. and actuallity is always important and informative for everyone.

Well, I dont care id is Diana or someone else, any murder should be well judged by a court, and responsibles should pay it. RIP for them. a lost is a lost. and actuallity is always important and informative for everyone.

Yes i agree that every accidental death in the UK or of a UK citizen abroad should cost the tax payer 10 million pound and have a 6 month court case.

She wasnt murdered, read the findings of the 10 million pound, 6 month court case or is this not enough for the conspiracy fantasists.

The non British visa running, corner shop owner should also be thrown out of this country for pushing for this farcical trial, insulting the Royal fascist family in his racist manner and wasting tax payers money.

Edited by howtoescape

who cares, she died like 10 years ago and im sick of hearing about it, the brits just have to get over it

The Brits couldnt care less also, but we do care about the fact weve had to pay 10 million quid for a pointless exercise.

And now will pay 10 million more on why you guys spent 10 million on this.

at least they ruled out suicide... :o