Boycott Haagen Dazs Ice Cream In Thailand

grantbkk

Cornflour?

hmmmm... I always thought Ice cream is more or less iced cream, sugar with added flavors...

Prices of HD, Starf_cks and the like are obscene if not insane!

There shouldn't be any cream in ice cream. Correct about the flavours, the secret is to get a good vanilla flavour.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As somebody who's family has been making and selling ice cream in "Sunny Scotland" for the last 90 years, I can confirm that HD, B&J and all the other big named ice creams are poorly made, full of crap and not fit to be called ice cream.

When people buy HD or B&J all they are paying for is the name and fancy packaging.

I agree,

Now, where can we buy your family ice cream in Thailand? :o

As much as I would love to set up in Thailand, I doubt it would taste the same, different milk, butter and everything else, also we only make vanilla not any flavours.

I have never purchased this product in my life. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. Now I may purchase it. I am well aware you are secretly raising the profile of this product and are receiving payment from the company, perhaps, in free ice-cream. So as this is spam, the thread may be closed. Over to you, mods.

QUOTE (Brigante7 @ 2008-06-06 07:47:38)

As somebody who's family has been making and selling ice cream in "Sunny Scotland" for the last 90 years, I can confirm that HD, B&J and all the other big named ice creams are poorly made, full of crap and not fit to be called ice cream.

When people buy HD or B&J all they are paying for is the name and fancy packaging.

I agree,

Now, where can we buy your family ice cream in Thailand?

hee hee !! exactly the point . I wonder if Brigante's 'sunny scotland' cornflour ice cream ( ?? ) makes as much profit as HD and B&J , BR , Swensons etc etc :o

I agree,

Now, where can we buy your family ice cream in Thailand? :o

As much as I would love to set up in Thailand, I doubt it would taste the same, different milk, butter and everything else, also we only make vanilla not any flavours.

I LOVE vanilla, so I will certainly try it if ever in Scotland. Never heard of just one flavor before, but you chose the right one in my opinion. :D

QUOTE (Brigante7 @ 2008-06-06 07:47:38)

I agree,

Now, where can we buy your family ice cream in Thailand?

hee hee !! exactly the point . I wonder if Brigante's 'sunny scotland' cornflour ice cream ( ?? ) makes as much profit as HD and B&J , BR , Swensons etc etc :o

400% profit margin, can't complain.

A couple of months ago Haagen Dazs raised the price of a pint (473ml) of ice cream from an expensive Bt299 ($9.50) to an astronomical Bt329 ($10.45).

Isn't a pint 568mls???

I refuse to buy Starbucks Coffee for the same 'rip off' reasons.

While we are talking rip off............McDonalds in Central world has to be the biggest rip off for a hamburger. Got hungry did not see a Burger King around so decided to try McDonalds (been well over 10 years since I've had one) Got a cheeseburger deluxe. The meat on it was only slightly thinner than the piece of cheese. Looked nothing what so ever like the photo on display. I think if you held it up to the light you could see through it. Are they all like that?

It will be much more than 10 years before I try it again. They make a art of filling a ice crream cone on the top only, nothing inside the cone.

Apologies in advance if this has already been pointed out. (I'm not gonna wade through 6 pages of posts to find out :o ).

Next time you're tucking into expensive imported ice cream, consider the true (environmental) costs of bringing it halfway around the world, refrigerated from factory to dining table.

I remember when I was growing up during the Raj, chunks of iceberg sold for five shillings a bushel - extortionate! :D

While we are talking rip off............McDonalds in Central world has to be the biggest rip off for a hamburger. Got hungry did not see a Burger King around so decided to try McDonalds (been well over 10 years since I've had one) Got a cheeseburger deluxe. The meat on it was only slightly thinner than the piece of cheese. Looked nothing what so ever like the photo on display. I think if you held it up to the light you could see through it. Are they all like that?

Burger King in the U.S. uses better beef than McDonalds, but here it is exactly the same cheap crap that pretty much everyone uses. On top of that, a set meal at Burger King is the same size, but almost twice the price of McDonalds and McDonalds does not charge extra for cheese while Burger Kind charges an exorbitant amount.

I know that it is fashionable to hate McDonalds, but if you only eat there once in a while it won’t hurt you and tastes pretty good and is relatively inexpensive for a quick Western snack.

Burger King in Thailand is a rip–off in comparison. :o

CALL TO BOYCOTT HAAGEN DAZS ICE CREAM IN THAILAND

Ice cream is terrible for you anyway. That thick cream clogging up your arteries, and an overdose of sugar or some cancer causing sugar substitute.

Haagen Dasz did you a favor, have a glass of wine instead.

everything we enjoy in life is bad for u :o