Drivers Beware

CMMCB

Hi,

If you are buying diesel for your vehicle, avoid the Shell station on Huay Kaew Rd (near Kad Suan Kaew). They've just tried to give me the V-power diesel instead of the ordinary diesel for the second time, at over 2 baht per litre more expensive.

CMMCB

Hi,

If you are buying diesel for your vehicle, avoid the Shell station on Huay Kaew Rd (near Kad Suan Kaew). They've just tried to give me the V-power diesel instead of the ordinary diesel for the second time, at over 2 baht per litre more expensive. CMMCB

WOW! :o

Hi,

If you are buying diesel for your vehicle, avoid the Shell station on Huay Kaew Rd (near Kad Suan Kaew). They've just tried to give me the V-power diesel instead of the ordinary diesel for the second time, at over 2 baht per litre more expensive. CMMCB

A rip off is a rip off UG. And if true it is just another example of the way some people do business here in the realm.

It is no difference than the gas stations who don't zero the meters before starting to fill your tanks.

And even if it is only "wow" it is another 100 baht on a fifty litre fill up.

We can't allow ourselves to be so in love with the forest that we can't see the trees.

Instead of yelling RIP OFF .

some time is just a simple case of you can't there THAI and there can't understand english ..

sometime the is the sheep that is fool to wonder into the wood thinking there can get a meal .

so it time to stay in the huts :o

Instead of yelling RIP OFF .

some time is just a simple case of you can't there THAI and there can't understand english ..

sometime the is the sheep that is fool to wonder into the wood thinking there can get a meal .

so it time to stay in the huts :o

That's gotta be one of your most philosophical posts to date Maxie.

How's married life treating ya?

I have bought diesel at that station many times for many years and found nothing wrong with their service ever. Ask for what you want and they give it to you. If you do not ask then they ask you and you can accept what they offer or ask for something else. You just have to talk to them like anywhere else, is that the problem as Ta22 suggested, can't understand and speak enough Thai to buy diesel?

You might consider the V-power diesel if you care about clean air.

Um, no....you guys and gals really need to pick up a paper once in awhile and read what is happening in our fair realm....

Per an article in the Bangkok Post business section about a week ago, Shell (Thailand) announced that it would not continue to follow the gov't recommended price caps on diesel and petrol. I am sorry I cannot quote precisely and/or attach a link....but that is why we have Google, and the Bangkok Post's search function. :D

This is just a ballpark quote, but their (Shell Thailand's) chief executive mentioned in the article that Shell had lost over 20 billion B due to these gov't mandated price caps over the last year, and that quote unquote This is no way to run a business.

What a lot of people are probably not aware of is that the tax structure in Thailand hugely favors......duh....PTT.

So quit yer sniveling, and go buy your Thai gov't subsidized diesel at PTT. :o

I used to fill up with diesel at the Shell garage along Kaewnawarat and I would get around 720 kms per tank. I now fill up at a PTT garage, same price to fill the tank, but I get 850 kms per tank. I also noticed that after filling at Shell that my pick up would often belch black smoke when I footed the gas. I can't be sure I was being cheated as prices were the same and I received a full tank at both places; I can only think that the quality of the diesel at Shell was poor. Without scientifically checking, it's difficult to know what was going on. I know use PTT only.

Edited by Loaded

Hi,

A rip off is a rip off UG.

I agree with you. I just couldn't resist! :D

Hi,

WOW! :D

LOL ................ GOT A ROLL OUT OF THAT ONE :o

Um, no....you guys and gals really need to pick up a paper once in awhile and read what is happening in our fair realm....

Per an article in the Bangkok Post business section about a week ago, Shell (Thailand) announced that it would not continue to follow the gov't recommended price caps on diesel and petrol. I am sorry I cannot quote precisely and/or attach a link....but that is why we have Google, and the Bangkok Post's search function. :D

This is just a ballpark quote, but their (Shell Thailand's) chief executive mentioned in the article that Shell had lost over 20 billion B due to these gov't mandated price caps over the last year, and that quote unquote This is no way to run a business.

What a lot of people are probably not aware of is that the tax structure in Thailand hugely favors......duh....PTT.

So quit yer sniveling, and go buy your Thai gov't subsidized diesel at PTT. :o

PTT is still complaning about losing a a couple hundred million baht selling NGV, what they choose not to mention is the billions they are making selling petrol and diesel. shame on PTT>>> pissheads.

advice to all: do not convert to NGV till PTT actually increases its re-fuelling stations to at least double what it is now. you would regret otherwise.

After beeing sold one time to many their PREMIUM diesel when only beeing asking for DIESEL, I have stopped patronising Shell and also Bangchak.

Just dont like to be taken for a ride.

I had the impression Shell sold me the more expensive product deliberatly, even in the full knowing I did not want their premium (beeing nearly a regular customer).

Anyway, using the JET stations, I feel beeing served good, receiving a proper receipt (Shell Hangdong staff is not capable - so I did loose VAT deduction) and as well get sometimes 20 Baht coupons for their shop when filling full up.

Only downfall is that JET was bought by PTT last year. Does not make me happy to support them.

Hi,

WOW! :D

A rip off is a rip off UG.

I agree with you. I just couldn't resist! :D

:D:o:D

Another little trick to watch out for ... this happened to us quite a while ago at the petol station very close to DK book Centre....

We stayed in the car and ask for a fill-up. They filled it and came and said 1,000 baht. I jumped out to look and they had already returned the meter to 000. Stupid of them because (at that time) our car never took 1,000 baht - wouldn't fit in. So I knew they were trying one on. If they had asked a lesser amount (but more than the actual) we probably would have just paid and driven away.

We asked to see a receipt or proof that they had put 1,000 baht in. Then we asked to see the manager. Anyway the young guy who 'served us' drifted away and we ended up paying a lesser amount. We have never been back to that station, and I always check the meter now as they are topping off.

- CB

As much as I dislike the sanctimonious Dutch leadership of the shell gamers, aren't these gas stations franchise owned, i..e. not corporate owned? The sales strategy would then be that of the individual retailer. As such, shouldn't you be railing against that entity and not Shell? Sort of like the local Subway outlets. Independently owned and operated. Seems like the local retailers are as squishy as they are in the west, unlike Thai Subways which are infinitely better than those in the west.

It's amazing the conclusions that so many people jump to on no evidence when reading posts, isn't it?

FYI, my Thai wife and I asked for a full tank of "diesel", in Thai, which the pump attendant confirmed, in Thai, and then he gave us the V-power instead. After 21 years in CM, I think I can manage to buy diesel in Thai.

CMMCB

It's amazing the conclusions that so many people jump to on no evidence when reading posts, isn't it?

FYI, my Thai wife and I asked for a full tank of "diesel", in Thai, which the pump attendant confirmed, in Thai, and then he gave us the V-power instead. After 21 years in CM, I think I can manage to buy diesel in Thai.

CMMCB

If you were to read your first post you will notice that you didn't give the full details of your ghastly experience at this service station. Nobody was jumping to conclusions, they were simply reading what you wrote.

As another poster suggested why don't you get out of your car and supervise the refuelling?

CMMCB

If you were to read your first post you will notice that you didn't give the full details of your ghastly experience at this service station. Nobody was jumping to conclusions, they were simply reading what you wrote.

As another poster suggested why don't you get out of your car and supervise the refuelling?

get out of your car and supervise the refuelling

And that is what I do every time, essentially to see that the meter has been returned to zero before starting to dispense my fuel.

I get out of the car and not until after I look at the meter do I give my order.

Most Thai's of course never get out of the car, and just sit there "waiting to be waited on" hand and foot. Nuff said.

CMMCB

more than one of you asked? and isn't V-power 'diesel'?

diesel tammada might often get you regular diesel, but then again the attendant could think that normal for your truck would be V-power. But if they 'tried' to give you Vpower, then why are you upset? If they had managed to do it then I guess there might be an issue!

Hi,

If you are buying diesel for your vehicle, avoid the Shell station on Huay Kaew Rd (near Kad Suan Kaew). They've just tried to give me the V-power diesel instead of the ordinary diesel for the second time, at over 2 baht per litre more expensive.

CMMCB

:o:D:D:D:D:D

For some who had been in thailand for so long and yet get to be beaten by the same snake twice . I would say you are doing fine . Maybe is time you move on . Note taken . BB marrying my wife is the best thing in my life .and thanks you for understanding my ever poor english

Another little trick to watch out for ... this happened to us quite a while ago at the petol station very close to DK book Centre....

We stayed in the car and ask for a fill-up. They filled it and came and said 1,000 baht. I jumped out to look and they had already returned the meter to 000. Stupid of them because (at that time) our car never took 1,000 baht - wouldn't fit in. So I knew they were trying one on. If they had asked a lesser amount (but more than the actual) we probably would have just paid and driven away.

We asked to see a receipt or proof that they had put 1,000 baht in. Then we asked to see the manager. Anyway the young guy who 'served us' drifted away and we ended up paying a lesser amount. We have never been back to that station, and I always check the meter now as they are topping off.

- CB

I am sure you speak of the Petronas (Malaysia) site. Still the same, lazy, nasty rip-off crew who ran it as a Q8 some years ago. "Miss-Manager" is a tiny middle aged Thai woman who doesn't give a tuppeny dam.

Equal lowest marks in town - along with the Shell station on Huay Kaew (good only for U-turns and rude young kids who dislike farangs and allow them to be constantly queue jumped) and EVERY station on the south side of the moat EXCEPT (interestingly!) the Petronas site, last one on your left. They are terrific in every way.

I say: Vote with your steering wheels as well as your wallets!!

I say: Vote with your steering wheels as well as your wallets!!

I stay with Esso as they give us free bottled water with the fill up~ gam kee dee kwa gam tot~ :o

Edited by Donnyboy

- CB

That very SAME garage pulled that one on me last year - when I was using my motorbike!

Noticed afterwards that they were directing FARANG customers to one set of pumps (inner ones) and local customers to the ones nearest the road.

Have never been back there since!

Now, no matter where I go in Thailand, I always check to see that the meter is set to zero - before they start filling.

Tony

The more i read the more i think you guys are making a fool of yourself . Don't get me wrong here , what i want to point out is . For god sake if you can't get over a few baht . When the petrol here is like so much cheaper where we come from . Yet i ao reading even on story of motorcycle ? What kinda bike you ride may i ask . And how much did you got rip of .well guys i never had such problem before . For any reason if it would make you guys feel better i would be happy to pay your guys the amount you think you got rip off so everyone can move on

Edited by Ta22

The more i read the more i think you guys are making a fool of yourself . Don't get me wrong here , what i want to point out is . For god sake if you can't get over a few baht . When the petrol here is like so much cheaper where we come from . Yet i ao reading even on story of motorcycle ? What kinda bike you ride may i ask . And how much did you got rip of .well guys i never had such problem before . For any reason if it would make you guys feel better i would be happy to pay your guys the amount you think you got rip off so everyone can move on

Thb4,000 would make me very happy and help me to move on Tatootoo. Would you like me to PM my bank details?