Noise Pollution Is There Any Rules On That?

LazyCat

we live in a very narrow soi and now there is a construction going on across us... it is killing me with all the banging even during the night... and there are 2 condos that are even closer to this construction ! I don't know how they live there!!!

Is there any rules about constructions in residental area? and who and where should make complains regarding this?

we live in a very narrow soi and now there is a construction going on across us... it is killing me with all the banging even during the night... and there are 2 condos that are even closer to this construction ! I don't know how they live there!!!

Is there any rules about constructions in residental area? and who and where should make complains regarding this?

Yes construction is supposed to stop at 10 or 11 PM. BMA is the govt agency that controls this and I would suggest that a thai speaking person talk with them to complain. Sorry dont have phone number.

I was told by a Thai that they will take it seriously and fine or ticket the contractor for late night work. Complain to BMA when the activity is in progress, not the next day.

Yes construction is supposed to stop at 10 or 11 PM. BMA is the govt agency that controls this and I would suggest that a thai speaking person talk with them to complain. Sorry dont have phone number.

I was told by a Thai that they will take it seriously and fine or ticket the contractor for late night work. Complain to BMA when the activity is in progress, not the next day.

I agree with most of the above, but I think you will find the legal hours are 8am-8pm.

Complain for sure, they will stop it for one or 2 nights, and then carry on as before. Just ensure that the construction workers don't know where the complaint came from.........

No! All the noise, dust, dump/cement truck congestion, and general construction related chaos is provided totally free of charge :o It's always included with all new expensive Bangkok condo purchases and expensive apartment rentals. Enjoy :D

Also, don't forger to keep an eye out for falling construction cranes!

Edited by jonniebkk

The condo we live in, in Cha Am is very strict about working hours. 9 to 5 mon-fri no work on week-ends or holidays. Had a girl come bye last saturday to hang some curtains and they would not let her in, had to wait until Monday.

But I would much rather have that inconvienence then all the noise from workers.

No! All the noise, dust, dump/cement truck congestion, and general construction related chaos is provided totally free of charge :o It's always included with all new expensive Bangkok condo purchases and expensive apartment rentals. Enjoy :D

I never heard of construction cranes falling in Bangkok. When did it happen? The only one I heard of recently was in NYC where a few people ended up getting killed. It happened in Bangkok too?

I never heard of construction cranes falling in Bangkok. When did it happen? The only one I heard of recently was in NYC where a few people ended up getting killed. It happened in Bangkok too?

Well.. If it can happen in NY.