Report!

Ulysses G.

My first splash was very cold, from a Thai, heading into town on Hang Dong Road.

Hope for your sake the next one is also cold -- getting hot and cold splashes at your age is definitely not a good thing. :o

No, it was quite refreshing, actually. The older women say that hot flashes are bad. :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

town jammed up. i hate that.

Reading all of this in Cherating (Malaysia).

Managed to escape here on Tuesday - from Chiang Mai.

I raise my glass and wish you all the best for this year's festivity.

Let the battle commence..... :D:o:D:D:D

Tony

Today is the slowest Songkan day that I can remember and many hotels are not full that usually are sold out months before.

On the bright side, hopefully accidents will be minimal this year.

Edited by Ulysses G.

Today is the slowest Songkan day that I can remember and many hotels are not full that usually are sold out months before.

On the bright side, hopefully accidents will be minimal this year.

Hopefully it will be easy to get into the city tomorrow......

Well, lads and lassies, the suspense is killing me and I can't wait any longer to get well and truly drenched -- none of this piddly splashing about for me -- so am off first thing in the morning to get soaked deep in the ocean waters around Borneo. That is my idea of wet bliss. Have fun with your Songkran thang! :o

Well, lads and lassies, the suspense is killing me and I can't wait any longer to get well and truly drenched -- none of this piddly splashing about for me -- so am off first thing in the morning to get soaked deep in the ocean waters around Borneo. That is my idea of wet bliss. Have fun with your Songkran thang! :D

A most recondite arcane and erudite posting, Rass.

Wuss :D

Sometime, someday, somehow I will initiate you into the joys of klong-diving here in our fair city.... :o

A most recondite arcane and erudite posting, Rass.

Many thanks, Micky G. Our mutual friend Blinky Bill, newly enthused about the proper use of commas in English, would like me to note for your benefit that your list of carefully and finely chosen adjectives wants one, after the first and before the second.

Yesterday at 17:00 my girlfriend was driving slowly past Sompet market on her way to meet me when she was completely drenched from head to toe by none other than farang throwing water at girls on motor bikes. :o Must have been tourists, and surely not any members of this forum.... :D

We were out driving around last night near the moat 20:00-21:00 and there was a lot of traffic but it was quiet. Didn't see anyone throwing water.

Took the kids to Hong Kong Disney over Songkran, but read in the post that they treated the moat water to purify it and make it safe this year. Anyone know? True? Government Propaganda? I have avoided the moat area during Songkran for a few years after getting a bad eye infection 1 year from dirty moat water. The above would be a good idea.

Supposedly treated the water and also chlorinated it. :D

yes, i also hope the piss from millions of rats that wander around the klongs are also treated for all you people sake. :o

What do you think is thereason why they treat the water?

Is anyone NOT throwing water at this point ?

I'll be doin my fair share tmw Sunday as well. Up around 10, futz around with email n the computer, breakfast, get psyched up, then hit the moat n John's place about 2pm. I always park a block or two outside the moat and walk in. More fun, and less hassle with traffic and getting sloshed while driving. Very curious to see how (un-)crowded it is. Last year cars could actually drive around the moat at a fair clip as turnout was low, so we'll see.

Is anyone NOT throwing water at this point ?

I'll be doin my fair share tmw Sunday as well. Up around 10, futz around with email n the computer, breakfast, get psyched up, then hit the moat n John's place about 2pm. I always park a block or two outside the moat and walk in. More fun, and less hassle with traffic and getting sloshed while driving. Very curious to see how (un-)crowded it is.
Last year cars could actually drive around the moat at a fair clip
as turnout was low, so we'll see.

Bullshit. I was one of those drivers. Stop n Go around the moat= 2 hrs.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) will be the last full-on day with guaranteed drenching, until 7-8pm or so, then it stops. This year Wednesday is an extra compensation holiday, so there might still be some splattering. Also kids in residential areas may keep at it for a bit.

mobs00, I did look for you at John's Place on Friday from about 12PM to 12:30 PM, but I didn't see anyone who looked lost but me. I forgot my squirt weapon and went to get it, but never made it back until 2PM. Sorry.

:o

UG..

He never looks lost and he blends in very very well.

:D

mobs00, I did look for you at John's Place on Friday from about 12PM to 12:30 PM, but I didn't see anyone who looked lost but me. I forgot my squirt weapon and went to get it, but never made it back until 2PM. Sorry.

:o

I was there with a group of friends from 12-4:30pm. I probably even sprayed you in the face! :D

I have noticed that certain idiots continue "playing" until about 8:30 PM, but I've always been told that the official time to stop in 6PM. That make it almost impossible to go out for a dry dinner in nice clothes. :o

Come to the pub crawl tonight then, you certainly wouldn't have to "dress up" for it.