Internet Cafe

liberiosyah

Dear All,

I would like to know is it true that Police are asking bribe from internet cafe operators ???

There is a scenerio,

1) A friend Thai friend of mine who owns an internet cafe told me that he always pays the police who goes over to his cafe 5000baht every month...

The reason the police ask him it is because,they said in thai Law any place that have a gathering of 8 or more people at 1 place are considered Illigal gathering,

It is because he's internet cafe are full of student everyday and that he is doing good bussiness but he runs it legally letting student off before 10pm....

But as i know that Internet cafe is a publich place where people can come and go anytime they wants if they are using the Computer...

If its true then other Food and beverage cafe or massage paolour and internet cafe are paying bribe to police in order not to bring the owner to station ???

Ive heard in Television the the Prime Minister Thalsin are trying to Stop Bribery and if any officer are asking bribe the publick should called the minister office as soon as possible....

My concern is that what kind of law is this 8 or more people gathering in a shop using computer consider illigal????Rubbish...!!!!

i know only if there is 8 or more people in a public place doing some illegal things then it should be a problem..But internet cafe is runing legally with an internet Licence...

Please can any1 explain to me why some cafe are paying police bribe...

Regards,

Joe