What Are The Time Lengths For Fiance Processing

I finally got my approved Fiance Petition in the mail from the USCIS. According the their website and the letter, it was approved on September 22nd. After the approval, they send everything to the National Visa Center, who then sends it to the US embassy in Bangkok. When the embassy gets it, they will send Packet 3 to my fiance. When she returns that, they will schedule an interview appointment for her.

Looking at the NVC website, they take two to four weeks. Looking at the US embassy website, they take 10 to 12 weeks to schedule an appointment after Packet 3 is received. If you add up all the delays and delivery times, it would seem her appointment would be at the end of February. But, the petition is only valid until January 21, 2005.

My question is, will they try to schedule an appointment before it expires? Will they simply automatically extend the validity of the petition? Or, will I have to do something to extend the petition?

What has been your experience?

Thanks,

Dave.

Don't worry about it expiring. Make sure your lady calls or stops by to speak to someone about that before it happens just in case but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Ours expired by a couple of days before the actual interview but it turned out that it didn't mean much. Ours was in Vietnam.

We're now in our 20th month in the USA and life is grand!

Good luck!

Mr Vietnam :o