After working in thailand

Hi, I was wondering what the issues of having worked in Thailand for several years and then moving onto another country.  Would/what issues may this raise and how can they be dealt with?

I'm just thinking ahead a little.  Do some country's look down upon Thailand for example and so won't employ people from there, even farang's?  (I hope this is not the case).

• Like 1

Sure, great life experience, I think that's why most people do it, but then the chances are that your skills will stagnate, and you'll loose market competitiveness however you will also have Asian experience and memory's.  I'm kinda guessing some of this and am hoping someone else can help fill in the gaps.

I've noticed that there is a strong caste system in Asia between country's, and so this is one reason why I asked this question, but perhaps not visible until you look beneath the surface.  Aka the interesting parts about studying culture.

So work in Thailand, and then work for a Hong Kong company for example and you may expect a little/lot of hassle?

What about Western country's perception of working inside Asia, is it a positive one?

Are we talking of 3 years maximum before your employability starts to go downhill, more or less?  Or is this all rubbish ..

:o

• 17 years later...