New Bank Account At Kasikkorn - Paypal Ebay

I need a New Bank Account at KasikKorn as the old one has been suspended by Paypal, can i apply for another and should I close the original account first ?

Does Anyone know of any other bank give a card that can be confirmed by Paypal without a workpermit ?

thx in advance..

I need a New Bank Account at KasikKorn as the old one has been suspended by Paypal, can i apply for another and should I close the original account first ?

Does Anyone know of any other bank give a card that can be confirmed by Paypal without a workpermit ?

thx in advance..

SIAM CITY BANK will open an account for foreigners. Smaller but friendly bank who also have promotions

From this I understand that you can open an account with Kasikorn without a work permit. What documentation do they require?

You can open a savings account at any bank, although you might have to try a few different branches, officials before you get accepted.

Passport and address needed.

I have a Thai - Verified paypal account.

But you can only add Money from a US bank account. :o

Mine works with Kasikorn.

I also have an Account with Kasikorn. I want to add funds to my Paypal, but it says "Transfer funds from a Bank Account in the United States" only.

Is it possible to add funds from Kasikorn bank ?

Edited by Graphics

I think I know the answer - It is apparently all about terrorism and money laundering and has apparently nothing what so ever to do with US/UK/West taxing it citizens (and as such denying the money to Thailand). I am afraid '1984' is now here we did not listen to the warning.

However the creative thinking that goes into this is caused me a headache as I even attempted (eventually successfully) to open a Thai (SAVINGS) account, to pay my bills in Thailand. Transferring to this account via internet will I am sure prove impossible, and I cannot even monitor my own finances via this mechanism. Things can go too far sometimes.

I think I know the answer - It is apparently all about terrorism and money laundering and has apparently nothing what so ever to do with US/UK/West taxing it citizens (and as such denying the money to Thailand). I am afraid '1984' is now here we did not listen to the warning.

However the creative thinking that goes into this is caused me a headache as I even attempted (eventually successfully) to open a Thai (SAVINGS) account, to pay my bills in Thailand. Transferring to this account via internet will I am sure prove impossible, and I cannot even monitor my own finances via this mechanism. Things can go too far sometimes.

Incorrect, PayPal don't give 2 shits about that. It's all to do with perceived risk on your account, if PayPal think for 1 second you accounts activitys could cause them a loss of so much as $1 they will block the account and all the cash in it and keep it blocked for as long as they think they can get away with. I've heard stories of cash being hi-jacked for +180 days with no explanation other than a "security check".

From this I understand that you can open an account with Kasikorn without a work permit. What documentation do they require?

You can open a savings account at any bank, although you might have to try a few different branches, officials before you get accepted.

Opened a savings account at Siam square with kasikorn, they didnt even ask for my passport even though i offered. My GF has an account so wether that had anything to do with it i'm not sure

Opened a savings account at Siam square with kasikorn, they didnt even ask for my passport even though i offered. My GF has an account so wether that had anything to do with it i'm not sure

I would have though thats illegal?

Just curious, but why would Paypal suspend your Kasikorn A/c ?

Paypal suspend Paypal accounts, in my case it was for a 'suspicous' receipt of cash from my Brother in the UK. Having a few problems getting it reinstated as I need to get a utility bill with my name on it (advise welcome).. my Kasikorn account is linked to this and as such cant be used and cant be linked to another account.

?? Can someone suggest how I could get a utility bill or phone bill ?

I also have an Account with Kasikorn. I want to add funds to my Paypal, but it says "Transfer funds from a Bank Account in the United States" only.

To use your paypal account to make payments, you do not need to put money in it!

If you have a verified credit card (or visa electron) registered on your paypal account, when you want to pay something you just do it, then you'll get a message that there is no funds in your account and that they will charge your card to make the payment go through!

To get a verified card on paypal, with Kasikorn you'll need to apply for their virtual webcard and on-line banking, paypal will charge a small amount (1.99 US$ I think) to your virtual card and they will send an extended use code to your bank, this code will show up behind the credit card charge paypal made (and which you can check using your on-line banking). Enter on the the paypal site and your card is verified!

With Bangkok's bank Be1st Visa Electron card, you enter your card details in Paypal, they will charge the 1.99 US$, and then you'll have to call Bualuang (1333) and after you enter your card number and PIN through your telephone keypad, they will check on their computerscreen the extended use code and read it for you. Note down, enter on the paypal site and you're registered with a verified card!

To use your paypal account to make payments, you do not need to put money in it!

If you have a verified credit card (or visa electron) registered on your paypal account, when you want to pay something you just do it, then you'll get a message that there is no funds in your account and that they will charge your card to make the payment go through!

To get a verified card on paypal, with Kasikorn you'll need to apply for their virtual webcard and on-line banking, paypal will charge a small amount (1.99 US$ I think) to your virtual card and they will send an extended use code to your bank, this code will show up behind the credit card charge paypal made (and which you can check using your on-line banking). Enter on the the paypal site and your card is verified!

With Bangkok's bank Be1st Visa Electron card, you enter your card details in Paypal, they will charge the 1.99 US$, and then you'll have to call Bualuang (1333) and after you enter your card number and PIN through your telephone keypad, they will check on their computerscreen the extended use code and read it for you. Note down, enter on the paypal site and you're registered with a verified card!

Monty, thanks for the response.

I tried buying sthg from Ebay with my PayPal, but it didn't work as there was no Funds in my PayPal.

I linked my WebCard from K-Bank to my PayPal and it's now verified.

So it's possible to buy sthg in Ebay even if you don't have funds in your PayPal?

Monty, thanks for the response.

I tried buying sthg from Ebay with my PayPal, but it didn't work as there was no Funds in my PayPal.

I linked my WebCard from K-Bank to my PayPal and it's now verified.

So it's possible to buy sthg in Ebay even if you don't have funds in your PayPal?

Absolutely!

I have bought from ebay, bought software, registered domain names and paid for hosting all with my paypal account with absolutely zero Baht in it!

I have a Bangkok Bank Be1st card registered and verified with paypal!

With the Kasikorn Webcard, I think you have to make sure there is funds in it, which you can do with your on-line banking system...

I find it actually much easier, since when you pay you just give your registered paypal e-mail, password and click pay now and it all goes through without having to enter any card details again...

i am not working permit holder. already have saving deposit account with kasikorn bank. but last month when i was in thailand tried to open another account in siam commercial and tmb and they said i got to have the work permit to open account. Do you know which other bank other than kasikorn will open an account for a person in my situation cheers

Just curious, but why would Paypal suspend your Kasikorn A/c ?

Paypal suspend Paypal accounts, in my case it was for a 'suspicous' receipt of cash from my Brother in the UK. Having a few problems getting it reinstated as I need to get a utility bill with my name on it (advise welcome).. my Kasikorn account is linked to this and as such cant be used and cant be linked to another account.

?? Can someone suggest how I could get a utility bill or phone bill ?

I had the same problem with PayPal asking for a utility bill to verify my address. This in it self was no problem for me as I did have utility bills to send them. The problem was that when they received them they replied that the address on the bill must be in English and as this is Thailand the address is in Thai :o

Anyway, the solution was to go to my embassy and get a letter from them stating my address in Thailand (in English), PayPal accepted this without any problems. :D

An easier way is to get a bill, UBC or Mobile Phone bill etc, take a photo of the said bill, upload it to your P.C. and if you're handy on 'photoshop' then change the details accordingly i.e. change the address from Thai to English. Trust me, it will be accepted by Paypal, I've done it.