Teacher's Salary

garro

at all my first three schools, I was paid in cash at the end of the first calendar month, and that was always a partial month. I have not heard of them holding back a month's salary. It should be clear in the written contract. Some schools, of course, take a few thousand each month during the probation period, promising to pay it upon completion of the probation or the contract.

at all my first three schools, I was paid in cash at the end of the first calendar month, and that was always a partial month. I have not heard of them holding back a month's salary. It should be clear in the written contract. Some schools, of course, take a few thousand each month during the probation period, promising to pay it upon completion of the probation or the contract.

I agree with you, I got my pay at the end of the first month, partial month. Not the full month's salary. I did not get pay withheld.

Where I work, we are always paid promptly. If, however, someone starts after the 15th of the month, they won't get paid until the end of the following month. This has something to do with the bookkeeping or administration. If those folks get into a financial jam the director will advance them money to tide them over. Actually, it's not really an advance, since they have already earned it.

This is spelled out to new employees when they start.

We get paid on the 16th and the 1st, although if these fall on a weekend/holiday we get it early. Any overtime (afterschool classes) are paid monthly. Never, ever have a problem with it, always correct and paid on time.