To Surin From Siem Reap

wornoutcowboy

This may have been better posted in the Thailand travel section but I was hoping the expats in Esarn might have better and more recent information. Has anyone used public transportation from Sien Reap to Surin recently? Is there any guest houses organizing shared taxis or vans from Siem Reap to Surin? Also, are the Thais requiring an onward ticket out at the Osmach crossing? Thanks.

This may have been better posted in the Thailand travel section but I was hoping the expats in Esarn might have better and more recent information. Has anyone used public transportation from Sien Reap to Surin recently? Is there any guest houses organizing shared taxis or vans from Siem Reap to Surin? Also, are the Thais requiring an onward ticket out at the Osmach crossing? Thanks.

Hi cowboy

I live in Surin and had a short break in Siem Reap(SR) (a very good one,too BTW). We drove to Chom Cheong border and then got a taxi once over the cambo side. The journey took 3 crazy hours or so and we saw the worst roads (I'm being polite now) that I've ever experienced, but it was all part of the adventure!

In response to your question, I do regularly see the dirty old Cambo taxi's here IN Surin, so I would fairly safely assume you will be able to get transport from SR to Surin. I would suggest surfing the web then telephoning the hotels to check services available. In saying that, I would not book/pay for the trip in advance as costs are very 'flexible' in SR for everything. Haggle,Haggle and more Haggling. :D:o

Enjoy

Dave