No Water In Chiang Rai

Domyamkung

I doubt we are on the same water connection but the local water supplier has been turning it off for several hours every night over Songkhran.

Plenty in the khlongs though with all the rain we had. I was approached by a group of kids bearing buckets of muddy khlong water last night but the combination of the dog, the walking stick and the evil eye drove them off to seek easier targets.

Edited by sceadugenga

Down here in Klong Lan, central region, my water came back this morning after 3 weeks.

I have a water tank farm composed of 20 ongs (concrete water jars) and each holds about 1600 litres.

This week I spent 3 1/2 days hauling water from the local klong to fill them all up. It took me about 45 minutes per run which includes unloading and setting up the pump, filling up a 1300 litre tank, reloading the truck, going home, unloading the truck, setting it all up again, pumping the tank into an ong (and not completely filling it), reloading the truck and doing it all over again 6, 7 or 8 times a day.

To be fair it has been SongKran and we had 16 people in our house and 4 in the workers house and if you work out how many times people take a shower or use the toilet not to mention the washing machine you can understand how I feel looking at all the empty tanks.

My tank farm

post-5614-1209182677_thumb.jpg

Sorry I can't seem to delete one photo

Edited by Crow Boy
removal of duplicate photograph

Please take some of our water!

We got completely flooded out this morning.

Looking out the front windows this morning one could be forgiven for thinking this to be lakeside property. Last years flood was reported to be the worst in 20+ years but today is worse. Our new concrete road and driveway became a viewing platform for the neighbors to survey the extent of the flood. There were still a few bugs around though. Also a few snakes, lizards, mice, frogs and our dogs having a great time chasing everything that moved.

And some people think upcountry life is boring!

Did you get any flood water in the house?

We had very heavy rain here this morning but we're on the side of a valley that runs down to a klong about a couple of hundred meters away.

Pictures might tell it best. We are higher than the main road so think we should stay above the water line. People who have lived here all their lives have never seen anything quite like this and definitely never in April.

Thanks for the concern and we are still getting little leaks at windows and roof. Fix one place and the next time the rain comes from a different direction. I give it a year to get everything sorted.