Coup-coup Land

chevykanteve

Bangkok Post, 17-April (partial copy). For full article, go to www.bangkokpost.com

ANCHORMAN

Coup-coup land

By M.L. Nattakorn Devakula

News Analyst

If we have to have a "quiet legislative coup" to reverse the "real coup" and put an end to the "judicial coup" before everything spins out of control, then it would be worth it.......

Well that was five minutes of my life wasted. :o

agree.

laughably poorly written. I actually agree somewhat with the sentiment, but he fails, at least to me, to explain why PPP deserve to get away with cheating.

- the referendum on the new constitution was supported by more than 50% of the voters. Fact. DOn't try to add in non voters; you and i have no idea how they would vote and fact of the matter is....they didn't. So you cannot claim that the constitution was supported by like 12m pro and 27m against or whatever you number was. It was voted in by more than 50%

- all political parties knew the consequences of cheating; and some did it anyway. Why should they not be punished? hel_l, I think, and the majority of people in some parts of the world think that women naked on TV is just fine. But if I was Rupert Murdoch I don't flick up naked hos on the screen on the TV show I own just because that's how I feel; I comply with the law no matter how stupid it is....or i take action to ammend it. These parties about to get their butts kicks clearly broke the law; I have a major problem with a democracy where apparently the law is only applicable to some (witness the Thaksin asset declaration saga of a few years back, the Thaksin children's blessed university entry and treatment when caught cheating - clearly TRT/PPP have a different perspective)

As far as I can see, PPP were likely to get in anyway; they didn't need to cheat as well, but they did anyhow. Their coalition partners also cheated.

Surely they deserve punishment?

I feel dissolution is a step too far, but Anchorman fails to grasp that this is one option, not the only option available now.

I wouldn't call this his best work.

Yawn... The same enlightening responses. You guys should check out the PAD thread over in News Clippings. I think SR needs some help in maintaining it, due to the general lack of interest in the subject by "masses of supporters".

And kmart, if you "can't be arsed" then so be it. Typing in www.bangkokpost.com at the address line of the browser just riles the imagination with forebodings of difficulty, doesn't it now?

Yawn... The same enlightening responses.

Well i haven't seen much in the way of enlightenment from you either. Just links to the ramblings of a man who you obviously hold in such high esteem.

So why don't you enlighten us all? A good start would be to address the points that Steveromagnino makes, like how you justify letting politicians off the hook from cheating and breaking the law, which is what your great Mr Tiida suggests.

I have no idea why this kid has become so popular. He's a moron.

He's so popular because people like you, Steve and others feel compelled to read his article each week and, moreover, take the time to comment via Internet forums such as this one.

Actually I hadn't read the article. I had formed an opinion of the author previously. Since your post I went and read it. The author seems to be substituting the words "judicial coup" for "the rule of law". The rule of law is what any civilized country should want to aspire to. By his word substitution he just makes it a propaganda piece, for whose interests, I know not(though I can guess).

He's so popular because people like you, Steve and others feel compelled to read his article each week and, moreover, take the time to comment via Internet forums such as this one.

Actually I hadn't read the article. I had formed an opinion of the author previously. Since your post I went and read it. The author seems to be substituting the words "judicial coup" for "the rule of law". The rule of law is what any civilized country should want to aspire to. By his word substitution he just makes it a propaganda piece, for whose interests, I know not(though I can guess).

Adolf Hitler and Stalin had made similar comments. I'm sure SL woold also be in agreement with that particular platitude.

Yawn... The same enlightening responses.

Well i haven't seen much in the way of enlightenment from you either. Just links to the ramblings of a man who you obviously hold in such high esteem.

So why don't you enlighten us all? A good start would be to address the points that Steveromagnino makes, like how you justify letting politicians off the hook from cheating and breaking the law, which is what your great Mr Tiida suggests.

Are you joking??????

So is a change of font and a three word question with lots of question marks your idea of an elightening response?

Come to think of it, it probably was a bit of a joke to expect anything more from you.

Adolf Hitler and Stalin had made similar comments. I'm sure SL woold also be in agreement with that particular platitude.

Only 12 posts in. Not bad:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law

Yawn... The same enlightening responses. You guys should check out the PAD thread over in News Clippings. I think SR needs some help in maintaining it, due to the general lack of interest in the subject

:o:D :D

171 views - Coup thread

10,715 views - PAD thread

:D:D :D

Hi John! My thread has been on a few hours. The PAD thread has been on for many weeks. Kind of like comparing apples and oranges, don't you think? I might add that the PAD thread is maintained primarily thru posts made by you and TC in order to keep said thread active. So, who's laughing???

Yawn... The same enlightening responses. You guys should check out the PAD thread over in News Clippings. I think SR needs some help in maintaining it, due to the general lack of interest in the subject

171 views - Coup thread

Hi John! My thread has been on a few hours. The PAD thread has been on for many weeks. Kind of like comparing apples and oranges, don't you think? I might add that the PAD thread is maintained primarily thru posts made by you and TC in order to keep said thread active. So, who's laughing???

I am... :DB)

it was your ridiculous comments that prompted the comparison... as ridiculous as your weekly "Unseen Thailand" threads that have been running for weeks and garnered zilch attention...

Edited by sriracha john

171 views - Coup thread

it was your ridiculous comments that prompted the comparison... as ridiculous as your weekly "Unseen Thailand" threads that have been running for weeks and garnered zilch attention...

"Unseen Thailand" threads? What are you talking about? Are you flaming me? Please back up that statement with details, as you now have me intrigued. And publish those details openly on a thread for all to see. You are confusing me with someone else Get some sleep, man. You can not continue as an "almost mod", single-handedly fill up the News Clippings threads, and sleep at the same time. Get some rest!!

actually, the rumour was he was kicked off TV with Sorayud because he was too 'gek lor' but actually didn't know what he was talking about. He has his jobs in media because his family are well connected (including to Thaksin and PPP, which he has personally commented on when they unveiled the cabinet), he was educated abroad and he speaks both good Thai and english accent wise. Theoretically, if he pulled finger and stopped trying to look cool but instead actually learned what he was talking about, he might actually be a big name in the world of journalism.

Right now, I doubt any serious business person would pay any attention to anything he says; most are aware he knows little about what he speaks for the most part; his show down with the BKK senator; widely reported friendship with Oak and the Thaksin clan; Car salesman advertising; stopping from doing the TV show; obvious bias now stretching into almost a year at a guess being blindly pro Thaksin anti coup etc have all damaged his credibility to some extent. He is fairly young, so he probably gets most of his material from his dad or his mates.

He may or may not be popular in BKK Post; we cannot comment on that unless we were able to speak to some sort of research panel that confirms popularity of various columns in the paper. I read BKK Post cover to cover daily most days, so by that token the ravings of some of the regular loons in the letters to editor section would be, according to this measure, equally popular since I see John Yasothorn I think it is about once a week too.

Anyone born into his family would have a golden spoon in their mouths to do what they want; same as Oak Pantongtae with How Come entertainment. At least Bluem does something. But with a bit more effort, he could actually write something decent rather than this (which while amusing is kind of annoying) each Thursday.

The only reason I respond in this forum is because of your merciless cheerleading for the guy. You will note I also respond to the Girly Berry thread - make no mistake - my reasons for doing so are quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite different.

I don't comment much place else for the guy in Prakard or elsewhere; there are a ton of Thai people already at his throat, no reason to add another.

Edited by steveromagnino

actually, the rumour was he was kicked off TV with Sorayud because he was too 'gek lor' but actually didn't know what he was talking about. He has his jobs in media because his family are well connected (including to Thaksin and PPP, which he has personally commented on when they unveiled the cabinet), he was educated abroad and he speaks both good Thai and english accent wise. Theoretically, if he pulled finger and stopped trying to look cool but instead actually learned what he was talking about, he might actually be a big name in the world of journalism.

Right now, I doubt any serious business person would pay any attention to anything he says; most are aware he knows little about what he speaks for the most part; his show down with the BKK senator; widely reported friendship with Oak and the Thaksin clan; Car salesman advertising; stopping from doing the TV show; obvious bias now stretching into almost a year at a guess being blindly pro Thaksin anti coup etc have all damaged his credibility to some extent. He is fairly young, so he probably gets most of his material from his dad or his mates.

He may or may not be popular in BKK Post; we cannot comment on that unless we were able to speak to some sort of research panel that confirms popularity of various columns in the paper. I read BKK Post cover to cover daily most days, so by that token the ravings of some of the regular loons in the letters to editor section would be, according to this measure, equally popular since I see John Yasothorn I think it is about once a week too.

Anyone born into his family would have a golden spoon in their mouths to do what they want; same as Oak Pantongtae with How Come entertainment. At least Bluem does something. But with a bit more effort, he could actually write something decent rather than this (which while amusing is kind of annoying) each Thursday.

The only reason I respond in this forum is because of your merciless cheerleading for the guy. You will note I also respond to the Girly Berry thread - make no mistake - my reasons for doing so are quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite different.

I don't comment much place else for the guy in Prakard or elsewhere; there are a ton of Thai people already at his throat, no reason to add another.

I see, Steve. More PAD-style "objectivity".

171 views - Coup thread

"Unseen Thailand" threads? What are you talking about? Are you flaming me? Please back up that statement with details, as you now have me intrigued. And publish those details openly on a thread for all to see. You are confusing me with someone else Get some sleep, man. You can not continue as an "almost mod", single-handedly fill up the News Clippings threads, and sleep at the same time. Get some rest!!

Still waiting for a response. You obviously made some mistake, so never mind. Even Superman had to sleep sometime (presumably)!

I see, Steve. More PAD-style "objectivity".

God knows. I didn't like the PAD.

Just to be clear then.... having opinions about things is therefore PAD objectivity?

You, my friend, are indeed a master debater of the first order. You call me out on grammar/spelling mistakes (missing some quite obvious correct grammar while picking up a few mistakes and making one of your own in the process) and now are randomly bolding stuff to make goodness knows what point.

You like his writing. I don't.

Viva the difference!

171 views - Coup thread

"Unseen Thailand" threads? What are you talking about?

Unseen Thailand is also known as your weekly Anchorman series...and refers to the amount of interest they've attracted....

but keep at it, Don Quixote... maybe somewhere, somehow, someone will share your and Pancho Nattakorn's views.

Edited by sriracha john

Yawn... The same enlightening responses. You guys should check out the PAD thread over in News Clippings. I think SR needs some help in maintaining it, due to the general lack of interest in the subject by "masses of supporters".

And kmart, if you "can't be arsed" then so be it. Typing in www.bangkokpost.com at the address line of the browser just riles the imagination with forebodings of difficulty, doesn't it now?

Providing the link or quoting the actual piece you allude to in your Opening Post doesn't have to be difficult either.

• 2 weeks later...

being a silver spooned hi-so who swallowed a thesaurus when he was 12, he now reckons he's entitled to dump a pile of verbal diarrhoea on us every week.

Apparently he runs a english language school, fortunately for his students he is too 'busy' to teach there.