Work Permit

hi all

a quick question my wife went for a interview this morning and the guy asked if she had a work permit.I was waiting outside

and explained to him she did not need one because my wife has a spouse/settlement visa we showed this to him but he was

addament that she did am i right or wrong also we showed my wifes n.i no

regards

robert+wassana

hi all

a quick question my wife went for a interview this morning and the guy asked if she had a work permit.I was waiting outside

and explained to him she did not need one because my wife has a spouse/settlement visa we showed this to him but he was

addament that she did am i right or wrong also we showed my wifes n.i no

regards

robert+wassana

If her visa only does not have 'No work or recourse to public funds' on the visa on it, then she is allowed to work.

Edited by CharlieB

Robert,

Because spousal settlement visas do not explicitly mention that the holder is entitled to work, many employers refuse to accept the visa as evidence enough. Your wife does not require a work permit and her settlement visa is sufficient authority for her to work.

You can refer any employer to the following website which contains a number they can ring for confirmation:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/employersupport/

Scouse.

Robert,

Because spousal settlement visas do not explicitly mention that the holder is entitled to work, many employers refuse to accept the visa as evidence enough. Your wife does not require a work permit and her settlement visa is sufficient authority for her to work.

You can refer any employer to the following website which contains a number they can ring for confirmation:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/employersupport/

Scouse.

Thanks scouse

for the info

best regards

robert