Nba Playoffs

• 1 year later...

new to the forum and wondering...

where can i catch the nba play offs?? which sports bar will cover it?

anyone interested here? it seems like basketball is not popular at all here. this year the play offs will be crazy

There is a small bar on the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 20 that shows US sports and the NBA playoff games, mostly as replays. Most games are announced on the schedule at a time but the teams are TBA until the day of or day before. Usually the games that are replayed are the ones from that very morning (live here). Not perfect but a taste.

new to the forum and wondering...

where can i catch the nba play offs?? which sports bar will cover it?

anyone interested here? it seems like basketball is not popular at all here. this year the play offs will be crazy

There is a small bar on the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 20 that shows US sports and the NBA playoff games, mostly as replays. Most games are announced on the schedule at a time but the teams are TBA until the day of or day before. Usually the games that are replayed are the ones from that very morning (live here). Not perfect but a taste.

One source of live NBA broadcasts is the local cable provider TrueVisions. The games are primarily shown on the ESPN channel (digital # 64), although I do see two games on Star Sports (#65) on 15 May in the schedule. Owing to the starting times (07:00 - 10:00; 01:00) not a lot of sports bars will be open. Some games are replayed during the day.

It looks like the next live games are 13 May 08:00, 16 May 08:00 and 17 May 03:05.

Most, if not all, of the Eastern and Western conference finals will be shown, and all of the Finals will be shown.

One source of live NBA broadcasts is the local cable provider TrueVisions. The games are primarily shown on the ESPN channel (digital # 64), although I do see two games on Star Sports (#65) on 15 May in the schedule. Owing to the starting times (07:00 - 10:00; 01:00) not a lot of sports bars will be open. Some games are replayed during the day.

It looks like the next live games are 13 May 08:00, 16 May 08:00 and 17 May 03:05.

Most, if not all, of the Eastern and Western conference finals will be shown, and all of the Finals will be shown.

I remember the days when UBC showed virtually all the playoff games. Now it is hit and miss. I am hoping when True gives us the All Sports Network (ASN) that next year we will have better coverage.

OMR... I don't think we can hope for much from ASN regarding the NBA.... In reviewing their web site the other day, they had programming rights agreements with the NFL and NHL, but nothing with the MLB and NBA.... at least...not yet.

About the NBA online audiocast I mentioned in the prior post, I tried it with the early morning playoff games and it did not work. Whenever I tried the links, I got a recording saying ...try again during our broadcasting hours.... Well, it was two games of NBA playoffs, and I couldn't get any audio feed there any time during the two games. I also tried it both with my local thai internet connection, and with a U.S. based VPN just in case, and it didn't make any difference or resolve the problem.

I did watch the morning NBA games on a Ustream feed.... ustream.tv/channel/ and then something like NBAguy

I also listened to the games at time via ESPN radio online. They didn't do the first game, but did do the second game this morning.

The other day, I also was able to listen to the Lakers game via their Los Angeles radio affiliate...KLAC.