Dare We Ask Truevision

ezzra

Hi,

Dare we to ask TrueVision to perhaps alternate the position of their “ TrueVision MCOT” logo from top left of the screen to other positions as it does damage the pixels on plasma screens?

I’m worried about my expensive 50” Plasma as burned pixels are costly to repair,

Can it be a class action like where by many TrueVision customers will ask and maybe, just maybe they will obliged,

Never seen it damage any LCD or plasma screen before...I think your over worrying!

Plasma screens definately suffer from non-reversible burn-in just like the older CRT displays did.

LCDs do not although they can sometimes 'remember' high contrast displays (a power cycle usually clears this).

Never seen it damage any LCD or plasma screen before...I think your over worrying!

Plasma screens definately suffer from non-reversible burn-in just like the older CRT displays did.

LCDs do not although they can sometimes 'remember' high contrast displays (a power cycle usually clears this).

Glad to see one knowledgeable contributor around here,

Hi,

Dare we to ask TrueVision to perhaps alternate the position of their " TrueVision MCOT" logo from top left of the screen to other positions as it does damage the pixels on plasma screens?

I'm worried about my expensive 50" Plasma as burned pixels are costly to repair,

Can it be a class action like where by many TrueVision customers will ask and maybe, just maybe they will obliged,

Surely it's better to leave it where it is, as then you won't notice if it does burn in :o

we prior to putting into our hire stock now burn our new plasma screens in with a white screen for 100hrs this seems to help as ours go out with clients for powerpoint presentations & display use - cant remember who or where I saw this recommended but I havent seen a badly damaged screen here for a while - but I have seen the results of one with playstation graphics burnt into it

There are software applications that will remove these logos from video streams (Google will find them for you), they work by bluring or using interpolation to average the color of the image 'behind' the logo - in either case you are left with a small area of distinct blur where the logo once was. (Similar to blured out beer cans or knives in Thai censored films.) This might be more distracting than the original static logo - but would avoid the burn in. (As another poster asks - do you watch the one channel long enough for this to be a problem?)

However if you do follow this path, you would (might) get into the area of video signal delay and resolution as the signal would need to be processed between your decoder and TV.

HTH.

• 3 years later...