Unpaid Phone Bills

Shoeboat

I have an outstanding phone bill from CAT telecom, it's about a month overdue and I can't afford to pay it yet. However, I am going to a wedding in China at the end of the month to do a job (so I can pay my bills) and am a tad paranoid that I may get hassle at immigration being that obviously the phone company has my passport details.

Is this a valid worry? ...Or will I simply be cut off until the outstanding has been paid?

I have an outstanding phone bill from CAT telecom, it's about a month overdue and I can't afford to pay it yet. However, I am going to a wedding in China at the end of the month to do a job (so I can pay my bills) and am a tad paranoid that I may get hassle at immigration being that obviously the phone company has my passport details.

Is this a valid worry? ...Or will I simply be cut off until the outstanding has been paid?

I wouldnt have thought you would have a problem with the immigration...

CAT would just cut you off....when you come back..pay the bill....but think they would hit you for a reconnection fee as well

They also may make you pay up front for X amount of money on the account, because you have paid the bill previously....

Ok thanks, any idea how much a reconnection fee would be?

I personally think that 18 THB a minute to another Asian country is very unreasonable and it was a shock. My bill is over 10,000 - I would be reluctant to pay a reconnection fee on top of the bill itself - any idea how long I would have before the disconnection?

Ok thanks, any idea how much a reconnection fee would be?

I personally think that 18 THB a minute to another Asian country is very unreasonable and it was a shock. My bill is over 10,000 - I would be reluctant to pay a reconnection fee on top of the bill itself - any idea how long I would have before the disconnection?

THB 18/m - take it have been phoning out on 001 then.....next time try 008 or 009, these are cheaper international rates from a landline...is THB18 expensive, suppose so, but they basically have the monopoly..so can charge what they like..

On the reconnection fee..have a look at your first bill when you set the account up..dont remember exactly off hand, but think it was THB 600-800, not much....but basically if you dont pay the reconnection fee...they wont reconnect you...so you have a choice phone or no phone...

With your bill a month overdue I am suprised CAT havent phoned you and asked when are you paying the bill certainly for a K10/bill,

they will generally ask first for a date and if you dont pay on the date...then they will cut you off...

Remember in my early days in Thailand...when I first started phoning international from the home phone...was getting a call off them, or at least the Mrs was, the next day telling me how much the bill was and could I pay it now....before any bill had been sent....these days they dont bother just send the bill.....

^ I will do just that.

Regarding 008 and 009 - the line quality is awful and I often experience nothing but silence after dialing the number - silence I am probably paying for.

I would get your line or phone checked....use 008/009 all the time, maybe not the best lines in the world, but workable and a lot cheaper than 001....001 better quality line, with appropriate cost attached...008/009...not as good a quality line as 001, but cost is reasonable if not cheap...

The easiest solution for you would be to buy international phone cards...call is paid for up front and you know what you are spending...stops you getting in the position of having k10 phone bills.....