Fyi - Roadblocks / Drug Searches

As a beginner I paid 300b for not wearing the helmet / year was 2000. Now I see the signs when there's a helmet check and also time and places where they do these check ups. Since then I've been stopped when driving a car but never once they did nothing but say hi. Even when I was mau to the halt (nothing to brag about). I'm glad they try to stop drug trafficing around here since lot of youngsters do get themselves involved - even unvoluntarely.

Does Thai visa always help law breakers get around the law by posting warnings.

I have seen many comments and even threads taken off this forum in the past because it might hurt someones feelings etc.

This thread blatantly is a warning to anybody carrying drugs or anything else illegal on the island to steer clear of a certain area.

Or maybe I misunderstood, and it is to warn of possible traffic problems.

Can I start a thread called "How to roll a joint and get away with it".

or "Kill someone here (there are no police around at the moment)"

I have seen many comments and even threads taken off this forum in the past because it might hurt someones feelings etc.

This thread blatantly is a warning to anybody carrying drugs or anything else illegal on the island to steer clear of a certain area.

Break the law??

My intention was to remind people that involvement with drugs in Thailand is illegal and dangerous by detailing a personal experience. I included the location of my experience to place the incident in context. I'm sure if my original post is contrary to Thai Visa forum rules a moderator would, or will, remove the topic. As you have noticed they are alert and efficient at ensuring posts on the forum are within rules. Sorry you found my post offensive.

To remind people of the forum rules:

By using this service you agree;

1) You will not use thaivisa.com to post any material which is knowingly or can be reasonably construed as false, defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, referencing prostitution (including bargirls and barboys), referencing suicide, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law.

And from the OP

I hope this informational post isn't against forum rules, but thought a reminder of the law and the dangers of being on the wrong side of it was timely, as I haven't seen this before in the year I have lived here.

This is some of the most backwards logic I've ever read on the internet. Just wow.

Try opening your mind a little.

This is some of the most backwards logic I've ever read on the internet. Just wow.

:o Agreed..

:o Agreed..

So next time there is a road block, they are not actually looking for drugs, maybe they have been tipped off about a possible bomb that is on the way to the airport or the Full moon Party.

You put a warning about the searches on thai visa.

Bombers take it on a different route.

Bang.

Bomb goes off.

Thread would soon disappear from thai visa.

You should pin the thread so that any potential dope smoker, heroin dealer laptop thief or terrorist can find out in a click if his route is clear.

The OP did say that "I was stopped at an 12-15 strong person police and army (dressed in camoflauge fatigues)" a little bit more extreme than the usual.

Open your mind!

Edited by Kenbarl

Bit of a stretch there considering that every time there is a roadblock on this island everyone who runs into it tells everyone else they see about it and within about an hour, the entire island knows about the roadblock. Much faster than ThaiVisa.