Has Living In Thailand Made You More Or Less Nationalistic?

garro

Has living in Thailand made you more or less nationalistic?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So what does this thread have to do with Thailand? Let's bring the discussion back around to how living in Thailand has made you less or more nationalistic. Or it will be closed as it just seems to be bringing out nationalism!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[[/b]I don't remember reading about any European countries complaining that the US was a war monger during WWII. Sure it is good that the US is a war monger when it saves you asses, but otherwise it is a negative thing.

::

that the US was a war monger when it came to WWII. I guess we should have stayed on our side of the ocean and let the Germans have Europe. I guess we should have minded our own business.

I do not like that the US is in Iraq, big mistake. And our president is a boob.

in simple terms old son after/if uk fell usa were next. therefore little choice. heroes yanks are not. plus the general public has no stomach for prolonged confrontation.. ie after 9/11 yanks would fight any/everyone, now all i see on the news is bring our boys home, and look how many yanks have died. ye well look how many iraqies have died.

I wouldn’t class myself as a nationalist, not by a long way – BUT…..

I am very aware that I won life’s lottery by being born in my own country – With inalienable rights of citizenship and residence, access to a great education, the civilized provision of health and welfare and, importantly, at time when I and my family have enjoyed peace and prosperity, free for fear or want.

Born on the same day almost anywhere else on the planet (with a few exceptions) would have denied me the opportunities and good fortune I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy.

thats nice gh.

I wasn't crazy about living in the US, but because it is so fashionable to bash it, it has made me realize how much I like Americans in general and how hypocritical many of our detractors are. The US isn't perfect, but we never stop trying. :o

Good post, I hated my country before I left, I got in trouble in High School for not singing the national anthem, I had really no love at all for the States. But living here and in the middle east made me realize its not all about the color of your skin, its more about the color of your PASSPORT. And the rest of the world cares even less about me then my own country dose. So I adopted a similar attitude. Yeah, far from perfect, but we make progress every day. and make progress, social especially, FASTER than anyone else too. Still prefer to live in Thailand however :D

From your avatar, it looks like I converted Huey Newton into showing some national pride! :D

I'm American served in military US Marines,I have always accepted anyone and I don't think I'm better than someone from another country.

But when I meet Brits, always have this chip on their shoulder.Because of George Bush doesn't make it any easier with the Iraq war.

That chip that you appear to see hasn't stopped us being your major ally in both Gulf Wars. Nothing like gratitude, eh?

^^ Thats not true, towards the end of the war they had developed very accurate bomb sights (can't remember the exact name), they were able to bomb the rail bridge in Kanchanaburi using them for example, so hitting a factory would certainly have been no problem with just a couple of planes.

Edited by madjbs