Prospective Marriage Visa

Fiance went in for her interview (Aus Embassy)with a friend helping her carry stuff, handed over documents, bank cheque, proof of relationship etc, 1 hour interview, the lady there was very nice apparently. This was yesterday and today she gets a phone call from the case worker saying to come in tomorrow the visa has been approved and to pick it up! I was at the very least expecting a 3 week to 3 month wait or longer!

Just a quick thanks to all the fellers that gave me advice here! Regpye etc..

Ta very much !

• 2 weeks later...

I got a questions regarding prospective spouse visa.

Can anyone give me all information about this? What do I have to prepare and when approximately my temporary visa will be granted so that I can fly over to Australia. This is my brief case!

My boyfriend is here with me in Thialand for 1.6 years now. We plan to move back to Australia as it's very difficult for him to get a job here. I'm ok to move to Australia as long as my temp visa as prospective visa will be granted as I need to have the right to work in Australia.

Please let's me know your experience if applying the visa here or in Australia, where is more linient and how long the process will take (6 or 9 or 12 months?)

Thanks...

Nap

[email protected]

Hiya - the best bet is go to the Australian Thai Embassy site and read as much as possible! Be warned though, not everything you will need to do is spelled out there!

http://www.austembassy.or.th/visas/migrati...ecklist_eng.php

or

http://www.austembassy.or.th/visas/migrati...cklist_thai.php

My lady discovered after a phone call that she had to actually go in there and get the letters of introductions needed for the medical and police checks. Maybe I'm blind, but I couldn't see this detailed anywhere on the site. Ask the Embassy which hospital and Police you will need to go to for these checks. When complete, the hospital will send the information to the embassy directly in wait for your application - there is a time limit on this before they throw it out. 6 Months I think.

Your boyfriend will most likely need to prove his income, or guarantee that he will be able to look after you when you return to Oz. Your boyfriend will need 2 statutory declarations from friends.

Best tips?

Make appointments! Once you have everything ready (and I mean everything) ring them and make an appointment, it may take a couple of weeks. Try to always speak to the same case worker if possible. If you make a mistake somewhere your file will go to bottom and you will wait more.

Get translations at Embassy approved offices.

Gather as much evidence of your relationship as humanly possible! Letters from friends, relatives and anyone who has seen you together. Bombard them with information!

Wear very nice clothes, no jeans, open foot wear or heavy makeup, or masses of jewellery, the women there look you up and down! Buy a suit or something! Tell your man to do the same! No offence and no accusations, but if you dress like a hooker and display your tattoos with pride and he flops in with thongs, shorts and a singlet, depending on who you see there, you may not get the best first impression from the case worker!

Do *everything* required. And more ! Read the website, go to the embassy and get all the required booklets and study them. Ask questions.

Supply them with as many photos as possible. Especially of you together.

Present your evidence neatly and in folders. Check and re-check everything, especially the forms. Make no mistakes.

Regpye posted a while ago a cover note for his 'evidence of relationship' inwhich I tailored to our needs:

SUMMARY OF CONTENTS

v Applicant – YOUR NAME

o 47SP Application Form.

o Signed and Dated Letter from Authorised Marriage Celebrant.

o Certified Copy of Passport.

o Copies of Land Title, Home ownership and other documents. (Translated to English)

o 4 Passport sized Photos.

o Thai Police Clearance Check.

o Medical Information and X-Rays. (already recieved)

o Previous Employment Records.

o Statement of Our Relationship – contents:

§ Copy of Passport Pages showing visit to Australia.

§ Certified Copy of ID and Other Documents (translated into English.)

§ Our Relationship Details written by YOU (translated into English.)

§ Evidence of mutual travel together in Thailand. – Plane Tickets, hotel bills etc.

§ VCDs of Travel Together In Thailand.

§ Emails. (printed)

§ SMS Messages (printed)

§ Sample of MSN Messenger Conversations (printed)

§ Correspondence to HIM from YOU - Postcards.

§ Correspondence to Western Australia from overseas friends during 3 month stay.

§ Previous Travel Insurance Card (expired)

§ ATM receipts from Thailand / from HIS bank account

§ Motorbike ownership details, registration particulars

§ Telephone bills with calls made to HIS Phone number

§ Hospital Bills from Medical Check

o Further Information:

§ Copy of Notice of Intention to Marry

§ Letters from Mother, Sister, Uncle, Friends and previous employer (translated)

§ Certificate of Single Status

§ Birth Certificate

SUMMARY OF CONTENTS

v Sponsor - HIS NAME

o 40SP Application Form

o Certified Copy of Passport.

o Certified Copy of Birth Certificate showing Australian Citizenship.

o 2 Passport size Photos.

o Australian Police Clearance Check.

o Signed statement from employer.

o Payslips from employer.

o Certified statement of Support from HIM

o Statement of Our Relationship – contents:

§ Copy of Passport Pages showing visits to Thailand.

§ Our Relationship Details written by HIM

§ Photographs showing some of our contact. (See seperate Photo Album)

§ Emails (printed)

§ Correspondance to YOU from HIM - Postcards

§ Bank Statements.

§ Previous travel insurance documents for YOU

v Two Statutory Declarations by Supporting Witnesses.

o XXXX - Friend - 18 years

o XXXX - Friend and work colleague - 15 years

v Further Statutory Declarations by Supporting Witnesses (Parents)

o XXXX – Mother

o XXXX – Father

There were things here that weren't required, but we supplied anyway, I suppose all this helped in the speed of the approval. :o

It may be difficult for your BF to gather the information he needs while Thailand, so it may take some time to organise or a trip back to Australia to do. It took my lady nearly two months to gather everything, trips to local offices in her province to get evidence of no previous marriage etc, but it was all no problem. I wasn't there with her when the interview took place, but that didn't seem to matter.

Hope that helps!

PS - My lady flies in tonight and we Marry on Sunday. I'm so happy :D:D:D