Thai Debit Cards

From Kbank, if you have a savings account:

You can apply for a debit card at any branch of KASIKORNBANK.

Please bring your account passbook and your passport with you while you contact the branch.

The fee of a new debit card issue is 100 Baht plus 200 Baht ATM annual fee.

The maximum withdrawal per day is 200,000 Baht. The maximum transfer limit is 1,000,000 Baht/day to any other KBank's accounts, and 100,000 Baht/day to any other Banks' accounts.

You can use the card to purchase goods and service up to 100,000 Baht/day

You can adjust the limits according to your needs by contact K-Contact Center 0 2888 8800 press 0 2.

Should you need further information, please do not hesitate to contact K-Contact Center at Tel. (66) 2888 8800 or e-mail: [email protected]

Yours Sincerely,

KASIKORNBANK PCL.

Pojanee Siripadung

****************************** ******************************************************************************

Get your account or credit card statement sent to your email every month by applying for K-eMail Statement, the newest service exclusive for KBank customers only. Apply free!!! on K-Contact Center 0 2888 8800 press 0 2. Click here for more information

http://www.kasikornbank.com/portal/site/KB...000309ca8c0RCRD

****************************** ******************************************************************************

Referring to your latest email on 21 April 2008 asking about Debit Cardavings a/c with Kbank and this is the deal to get a debit card.

:o

Edited by GungaDin

I have one of those card even has my name on it, not "priviledged member".

The only thing is you cannot book airline tickets online, nor can you use it to rent a car or even put as security deposit for a rental car, even from Thai Visa Car Hire who I thought would have been used to foreigners who cannot get a Thai credit card, and have let their UK one lapse.

I've heard that Kasikorn is the most "farang-friendly" of the major banks.

Is it true that farangs without work permits can do online banking with Kasikorn?

Yes it's true. Just take your passport and an email address, you will have an account with a debit card within 10 mins, and an online username. Your password will be emailed to you within 24 hours (which you obviously have to change).

As a banker in my previous life in the UK I was geniunely amazed with their efficiency and service.

I've heard that Kasikorn is the most "farang-friendly" of the major banks.

Is it true that farangs without work permits can do online banking with Kasikorn?

Yes it's true. Just take your passport and an email address, you will have an account with a debit card within 10 mins, and an online username. Your password will be emailed to you within 24 hours (which you obviously have to change).

As a banker in my previous life in the UK I was geniunely amazed with their efficiency and service.

And SCB's online banking service is even more user friendly. Their "one time password" system via sms

makes adding new accounts or new recipients a breeze.

Naka.

K-Bank also has OTP, I use it frequently from Canada. My Thai mobile number doesn't work in Canada so I speak over the phone with efficient English-speaking staff who verify me with 3 or 4 personal info questions then send me the OTP by e-mail.

Edited by johnnyk