Where Can I Get A Bottle Of Good Old Meths

stooshie

Any idea why can't I buy methylated spirits in Thailand? Is it because it is even cheaper than Laow khaow, so the poor folks risk blindness by drinking it?

Now that hot season is here I really miss not being able to bathe the old oxters (armpits) once a week or so.

One UK manufacturer (www.bartoline.co.uk) exports to the far east somewhere, but they have yet to reply to my email.

Any ideas where I might find some? Please email me ...

Thanks.

[email protected]

post-57186-1208801772_thumb.jpg

Just buy rubbing alchol, basically meths without the colour or bad smell ... available at any pharmacy.

Naka.

It is a sort of greeny blue colour.

Dirt cheap.

Not really meths, as it is Isopropol Alcohol, but should do the job for you.r

Now that hot season is here I really miss not being able to bathe the old oxters (armpits) once a week or so.

[email protected]

I thought I was the only one around here that knew what oxters were - and I'm even not a Scot! Glad to know I'm not alone.

But I've never taken the meths to mine. Doesn't it burn after the initial cooling?

Any idea why can't I buy methylated spirits in Thailand? Is it because it is even cheaper than Laow khaow, so the poor folks risk blindness by drinking it?

One UK manufacturer (www.bartoline.co.uk) exports to the far east somewhere, but they have yet to reply to my email.

Thanks.

[email protected]

Looking at the picture of Methylated spirit it brought back happy childhood memories of filling up the old Mamod steam engine and running it in the kitchen. The smell of the burning meths was magnificent.

Does anyone know where you can buy linseed oil and if you do can you post a picture here for memories of the happy hours spent rubbing it into my bat.

Wonder what smell of the future the kids will be able to imagine. Crack pipe or glue fumes to name but some.

Hope you find your meths and the wife or girlfriend likes the smell.

Thanks.

[email protected]

Looking at the picture of Methylated spirit it brought back happy childhood memories of filling up the old Mamod steam engine and running it in the kitchen. The smell of the burning meths was magnificent.

Does anyone know where you can buy linseed oil and if you do can you post a picture here for memories of the happy hours spent rubbing it into my bat.

Wonder what smell of the future the kids will be able to imagine. Crack pipe or glue fumes to name but some.

Hope you find your meths and the wife or girlfriend likes the smell.

The first thing I thought of, was my Mamod steam engine as a kid, circa 1976. I think I had one of the cheapest ones that just had a single fly-wheel. It didn't half spin though once steam was up, which seemed to take for ever. Happy days.

Thai Restaurants appear to use 'spirit' Burners a lot to keep food warm. Its possible it could be meths or something very similar

That would be white spirit burners, not meths.

Curiosity, what does one rub ones armpits with meths for?

I have noticed some older folk stunking of meths, just presumed they may have been drinking it, which is stupid. Fanta and meths, I believe.