Where To Find A 2nd Hand Lathe In Chiang Mai Area?

Hi,

I'm looking for a second hand lathe for metal working.

• From factory, from dealer or these permanent markets (like they have in BKK but never seen in the North).

• Typically the average size or smaller (not looking for CNC).

• Age doesn't matter as long as in good working condition.

• Would consider any model except PRC ones (Taiwan is OK, Japan or West better).

• Ready to travel to Chiang Mai province, Lamphun, Lampang or even Chiang Rai (if worth the journey).

I'm also interested in several other metal and wood machinery but less urgent.

Some good tips anyone?

Thanks

• 8 months later...

I've been looking for years too without much luck. I managed to buy a second hand shaper near Lampang once but the rest of the time it has been Bangkok. I bought a new lathe out of Russia a couple of years ago and it was cheaper than a comparable second hand machines out of Bangkok but delivery was terribly slow. One of the auction companies (Henry Butcher) sold a couple of old lathes from a tobacco plant in Lamphun last year but I was away at the time of the auction.

I am on the lookout for a universal mill if you see one anywhere while you are searching.

p.s. if this thread was in the Chiangmai forum there may be more response.

Edited by Boksida

Best bet it to try one of the industrial auctioneers here.

Go Industries (who just took over Dove Bid) are probably the biggest players here, then Smith Hodgkinson

www.go-dove.com an advanced search there doesn't show anything available in Thailand so you might want to contact their head office.