Bangkok's Future (nightlife And Sanuk)

TravelFrog

So what does everyone think the future will hold for BKK? I was in BKK this weekend which was my first time since the new 1am rule came in. I could not believe how quiet the place was.

Do you think these new rules will last? Do you think even earlier 12am resticrtions could come into play?

I was convinced that the new rules would not be enforced strictly, or the government would back out after a backlash from the people who are economically dependent on the nightlife... But it looks as though I was wrong. :o

Maybe Thaksin will be voted out next year? Though it looks like he is hear to stay.

What alternatives are there for BKK if the things continue to go downhill?

Cheers.

T

Read this morning that opening- and closing times for shopping will be extented again. E.g. now from 10:00 am i.o. 11:00.

So makes sense, after all the shopping everybody will be too tired to stay up. :o

Same thing happens in Malaysia, the night life is now almost dead.

Recently came back from Philippines, there's no restriction on closing time. According to my Philipino friends, number of foreigner is going up. I have the feeling that Philippines would pick up very soon especially there's no language problem for foreigners and living cost is even cheaper than Thailand (I'm comparing Manila with Bangkok city).

I have heard a few people mention the Philippines now. Maybe this will become a viable alternative for expats. :o

What cities in the Philippines provide expat possibilities and the best nightlife? Manila?

Whats the nightlife like? What are the general living costs?

> Maybe this will become a viable alternative for expats.

A certain type of expat yes. Well, one can always hope. :o

> What cities in the Philippines provide expat possibilities and

> the best nightlife?

Never been there, but if I'm correctly guessing the type of nightlife you're interested in then I'd say Angeles City. (Google for it, adding the word 'philippines' (with two p's) or you'd just get LA stuff)

Cheers,

Chanchao