Tourist Visa For Gf

What is actually required for a 6 month stay for the UK?

I have just returned from Pattaya and have asked my lady friend if she wants to visit the Uk before we take the relationship any further.

I will be paying for flights,living expenses etc.

So is it just proof of accomodation, paynotes and bank statements?

Is an interview required for a visit visa as it is for settlement?

We have known each other for 2 years (4 trips) now and keep in touch daily by sms and phone calls,but as we both use phone cards we have no proof.

I have been married to a Thai for 17 years but the relationship has broken down and we have stayed together for the sake of our daughter. We have not filed for divorce yet so could this also be a stumbling block?

Is there a decent agency that anyone knows of that I could email full details to.

Thanks in advance.

The requirements to be met are that the visa applicant has to satisfy the visa officer that the funds are there from whichever source to pay for the trip, that there is adequate maintenance and accommodation for them in the UK, and that they intend to leave at the end of the holiday. The part which generally leads to refusal is the intention to leave the UK.

Ideally, the visa officer will be looking to see that your g/f has something to go back to, either land, property, or employment etc. If she lacks these, that does not mean that the visa will be refused out of hand, but, instead, the visa officer will balance these perceived negatives against the positives of the duration and depth of your relationship, so good evidence that you have been together for as long as claimed will be vital. If you're computer-minded, you can get software that enables your mobile to communicate with your PC/laptop and you can save and print both sent and received SMS from there. The phone cards are also good evidence and you should keep these. You do not need to "prove" as such that you contact each other regularly, as the applicable legal standard in immigration cases is the balance of probabilities, rather than the criminal standard of beyond reasonable doubt. There's nothing in the immigration rules which prevents your g/f from visiting whilst you are still married, or indeed staying in the same house as your wife, but it would, I'm sure, appear a little strange to the visa officer.

If you wish to have the application prepared on your g/f's behalf, I would recommend that you use the services of a UK-based representative who should be either registered with the OISC or a member of the Law Society. If you wish to discuss the matter further, feel free to drop me a PM.

Scouse.

The requirements to be met are that the visa applicant has to satisfy the visa officer that the funds are there from whichever source to pay for the trip, that there is adequate maintenance and accommodation for them in the UK, and that they intend to leave at the end of the holiday. The part which generally leads to refusal is the intention to leave the UK.

Ideally, the visa officer will be looking to see that your g/f has something to go back to, either land, property, or employment etc. If she lacks these, that does not mean that the visa will be refused out of hand, but, instead, the visa officer will balance these perceived negatives against the positives of the duration and depth of your relationship, so good evidence that you have been together for as long as claimed will be vital. If you're computer-minded, you can get software that enables your mobile to communicate with your PC/laptop and you can save and print both sent and received SMS from there. The phone cards are also good evidence and you should keep these. You do not need to "prove" as such that you contact each other regularly, as the applicable legal standard in immigration cases is the balance of probabilities, rather than the criminal standard of beyond reasonable doubt. There's nothing in the immigration rules which prevents your g/f from visiting whilst you are still married, or indeed staying in the same house as your wife, but it would, I'm sure, appear a little strange to the visa officer.

If you wish to have the application prepared on your g/f's behalf, I would recommend that you use the services of a UK-based representative who should be either registered with the OISC or a member of the Law Society. If you wish to discuss the matter further, feel free to drop me a PM.

Scouse.

Thanks for that scouse.

Gf does not own any land that I know of but would have the chance of getting her job back and as I know the employer well I`m sure that he would write to confirm this. He actually works in Jomtien Immigration but owns several bars.

As I said I am married but would not intend to remain under the same roof when gf arrives in the uk.

My mother has agreed that gf and I can stay with her for the duration of the visit and after divorce and remarried can stay ther till we get on our feet.

Will get in touch regarding the application.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Paul

Paul,

I wouldn't be tempted to misrepresent your g/f's employment. If she were caught out, that could be classed as decpetion and she may face having every single UK visa application refused for 10 years, simply on the basis that she once told porkies. If she will genuinely be in employment and have a job to go back to, then fine, a letter from her employer will assist, but don't get a one when she is not actually in a job.

Scouse.

Thanks for the advice Scouse.

GF was in Bangkok last week to get a passport.

Seems that she requires her father to sign some of the paperwork as she is under 21 (19).

This may be a problem as they have not spoken to each other for almost 2 years.

She is travelling to see him on Friday, so hopefully he will sign. Otherwise I will have to ask him myself when I am next in Thailand (December).

They don`t make it easy.

Thanks again for advice.

Paul

Does gf`s father have to travel to Bangkok to sign paperwork for a passport or does he just need to sign his name on the form and gf can go alone?

Seems like they have had a bit of a falling out and he does`nt want to go to Bangkok with her...

I am only in Thailand for 3 weeks in December and wanted to get the visa sorted out while I am there, so I want her to have her passport sorted out asap....

Others are more knowledgeable about Thai matters, but as far as I'm aware at least one parent must travel to make the passport application, and hold a letter from the second which confirms that s/he has no objection to the child obtaining a passport.

Scouse.

Others are more knowledgeable about Thai matters, but as far as I'm aware at least one parent must travel to make the passport application, and hold a letter from the second which confirms that s/he has no objection to the child obtaining a passport.

Scouse.

Thought as much.

Her mother died about 10 years ago so its down to her father.

Looks like I am going to talk(bribe) him in December.

GF is very reluctant to travel to Bangkok with him unless I am with her.

So hopefully I can sort passport and then visa in my 3 week stay in December,otherwise its May 18 2009 when she turns 20.......

• 2 weeks later...