Embattled deputy police chief claims PM has abused authority

snoop1130

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Surachate has also challenged the authority of the police investigation team. He claims that they failed to submit their findings to the NACC within the legally mandated 30 days of receiving a complaint against him and his men, hence their investigation has no standing and they have no authority to conduct the probe.

The worm turns....

His rise through the ranks and fame was backed by 1 person, one who gets nice watches from dead friends. Moment that person lost power BJ started having problems.

it is mind blowing how some can be that thick to think he is clean when he went from tourist police captain to LT General in a matter of a year or so, which would normally take at least a decade for anyone else. 

it is just as mind boggling how same people think he is clean when he has “friends” paying rent for his  house and rents for his aids 

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, dinsdale said:

This joint is like a bunch of squabbling schoolchildren. It's all part of a corrupt system where laws are manipulated and corrupted to benefit one corrupt side opposed to the other.  

you’ve just summarized the entire planet

11 hours ago, marin said:

Big joke is not and has never been clean. Cultivated an image in the media that helped him, hated in both the police and immigration for a variety of reasons. 

The image he cultivated was actually dealing with crime instead of sweeping things under the carpet. Now those whose feathers he ruffled, either his victims or those he embarrassed by actually doing his job while they didn't, are trying to pull that carpet from under him.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, marin said:

Big joke is not and has never been clean. Cultivated an image in the media that helped him, hated in both the police and immigration for a variety of reasons. 

I agree he isn't 'clean', who is but I am reminded of a Churchill quote, "So, you have enemies, that is good, it shows you have stood up for something".

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, marin said:

10 hours ago, norfolkandchance said:

Have you evidence of this.

Well, somebody shot up his car when it was parked outside a massage parlour...

Perhaps not "evidence", but certainly an indication that he is not universally popular!

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Wow - this is definitely going to be BIG and it is no Joke.  Massive flow on issues will come out of this.

If Big Joke is clean then those in power are dirty and they are desperate to stop him becomming the big boss bacause he will get rid of them all - and the PM will fall for having sided with Torsak Sukvimol against Surachate Hakparn.

This aint going to go away.

Rather than demonstrating his innocence he’s deflecting and threatening to drag others down as well as going down himself. A sign of desperation me thinks. My Thai friends say he’s guilty as charged.  

This is the farthest Hapkarn has fallen. In his previous three serious brushes with accountability, the most he got was a written reprimand.

I'm surprised Thaksin has allowed him to accuse the PM, given the family connection, and political implications.

Edited by bamnutsak
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, BestB said:

it is just as mind boggling how same people think he is clean when he has “friends” paying rent for his  house and rents for his aids

I thought that the reports in the BP and here said that his wife owned the properties.

She is independently wealthy.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't suppose we will ever really know the truth behind the allegations of corruption, and the exact details of the conflict between "Big Jok" and his peers. I also am aware that photographs can and are chosen to "add weight" to stories; but the OP photograph, somewhat dishevelled and with that slightly manic grin, doesn't really convince that he is on top of the situation.

I suspect that, for the right reasons or the wrong reasons ( probably a mixture of both) he is toast.

As Julius Caesar is reported to have favoured: "well fed sleek-headed men and such as sleep o' nights. Yon Cassius (Surachate Hakparn)has a lean and hungry look; He thinks too much: such men are dangerous."

The guys at the top are well fed sleek-headed men!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Confused 2

50 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well, somebody shot up his car when it was parked outside a massage parlour...

The "general" consensus is that this was staged by Hapkarn himself.

But yes, he is unpopular in the RTP given his rapid rise in the owing to elephant tickets, and strong family connections. He is 5 ~ 6 years ahead of classmates.

c1_1830404 (1).jpg

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

He claims that they failed to submit their findings to the NACC within the legally mandated 30 days of receiving a complaint against him and his men, hence their investigation has no standing and they have no authority to conduct the probe.

He is quoting rules and regulations... Did he forget which country he is in?

16 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

I thought that the reports in the BP and here said that his wife owned the properties.

She is independently wealthy.

She is but reports said wealthy friend, well known local businessman owned and gave it to him free, unless there was another “twist” that I missed 

Impossible! There is NO corruption in Thailand. Visit "Transparency.org". I am certainly not proud of where my country ranks on the World Corruption Index. Where does your country rank? Russia? ....other countries.