How do you define intelligence ?

A good mix of the different intelligences and a good dose of Eq! 

I would say being logical, creative and have physical intelligence can be beneficial for a long interesting life.

• Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, mfd101 said:

How that turns into proclamations like 'The average IQ of Americans is 102.3' is beyond my machinery's capacity to understand.

According to recent data (around 2022), the average IQ in the United States falls around 98. It's important to remember that IQ tests are designed to have an average score of 100, so a slight deviation is expected.

Also the test are diffrent from your language and age, for example, my son 12 years old score 105 IQ designad for 17-19 years old Americans and he is Thai,

I have taken IQ tests in Finland, Sweden and the US when I was 20 years old, actually same result.

Took one now same time as my son at 56 years old, fear that my  IQ dropped, actually the opposite

Edited by PoorSucker
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

There's a whole lot of interesting people who are dumb as rocks -and a whole of smart people who will put you straight to sleep. 

If I'm picking......

Yeah that's kinda true I guess :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Intelligence ?

It can be defined in the guy who can chat up 3 different fine young ladies at the supermarket by the groceries section at Tesco Lotus and convince each one to end up in a wild pool party 4-some the same evening..... and the most important...to have all the excuses ready the next day to have them leave after of course  they make him breakfast 🤣...such a fella would definately be our hero. 😅

• Haha 1

Well, intelligence, to me, would start with being able to type sentences together, with spaces where they belong.  And it does not belong between your last word, and the question mark.  IF you had not put that unnecessary space there, it would have read correctly.  OK, a little bit of my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder showing there....

image.png.23fa0428ae3b20d31d67f8caa2aa0100.png

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dioj said:

I met two really intelligent single women and I was interested in marrying one of them, but I was having difficulty to decide. One has a PhD in physics and the other is a brain surgeon. Guess which one I chose? Scroll down for the answer...

The one with the big tiits, of course!

There's an inverse relationship between a man's IQ and the breast size he prefers.

I, of course, prefer small breasts. And detest any fake ones.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, mfd101 said:

I think of it as the cognitive machinery which converts an input of questions/problems/issues into an output of answers/solutions/actions.

The quality of the machinery is measured by the success of the outputs.

One of the characteristics of the process is its abstraction ie the capacity to think of practical problems in abstract ways. This allows you to manipulate the problem, approaching it from different angles and trying out different possible solutions - all done inside your head.

How that turns into proclamations like 'The average IQ of Americans is 102.3' is beyond my machinery's capacity to understand.

I agree with the last line. If you are measureing the IQ of americans then the average has to be 100. That is the baseline for average.

This one is guaranteed to draw the geniuses out the woodwork, all of which likely have an irrelevant IQ of 150+ and yet no-one can come up with the simple answer...

... to not start stoopid topics 😛