What Do I Need In Terms Of Cash In Bank For 6 Work Permits?

Hi,

I've set up a Thai company with 3.2 million of registered capital of which 2 million is fully paid up in cash.

I need to get 6 work permits for foreigners asap. I have BOI applications submitted under two categories with a (rather expensive) law firm. I do expect to get the BOI privileges because we'll have over 12 million in investment and it's an IT related business.

I may need to get work permits processed before the BOI privileges come through -- and plan what to do if they are denied.

Over a year I can raise and pay up the 16 million capital from profits, but what cash do I need to apply for more work permits now?

My expensive law firm says all 2 million baht must be transferred in for each person before I can apply. Other sources and forum posts suggest that I might not have to pay it all up immediately, but could do so over time, with a percentage of cash paid in right away?

What's the real story?

Also I have Thai permanent residence -- will that help?

We have enough Thai employees not to worry about the ratios.

Any help appreciated. Any law firms with sensible answers and reasonable fees might get a lot of work from us :o