Browser Window Size

loong

Hi

This probably seems a simple question to most of you.

For some reason now, when I right click on a link and open in new window, the new window does not open full size. Then I have to click on the the maximise square in the top right corner. Not a big problem, I know, but is annoying all the same.

Can anyone let me know what to do so that the window always opens in the larger size (not full screen).

I have looked in the XP help file and the Internet explorer help file and can find nothing.

It is strange because this was not happening a few days ago and I have changed nothing.

Thanks in advance

There are 2 methods to accomplish this.

First: Windows remember their previous size when closed. Therefore, close the windows when maximized by clicking the X button in upper right corner.

-or-

Second: (Note these instructions may vary slightly, depending on your OS version)

1. Right-click Start, and then click Open.

2. Locate the shortcut for the program you want to start, and then select it.

3. Click the File menu, and then click Properties.

4. Click the Shortcut tab.

5. In Run, click Minimized or Maximized, and then click OK.

To return to previous size, repeat 1-4 above and in Run select "Normal Window"

Hope this helps.

Better yet, if you commonly browse with several windows open, i.e. right click on a link and then open in a new window, i.e. you're beyond the level your grandmother is at, then you'll LOVE a browser that supports tabbed browsing.

Look into the Firefox browser. You open a link in a new tab (yes maximized) by clicking your scroll wheel button on the link. (You can configure this)

http://www.firefox.com/

It's small, fast and can be customized.

Cheers,

Chanchao