Indian Sweets

eek

bn132702indiansweetsindvi7.jpg

Hoping to buy some Indian Sweets. The smaII, very sweet kind. Tried a few pIaces but no Iuck yet.

If anyone knows, or even if you know somewhere I can order onIine from in Bangkok, I wouId be gratefuI.

Ty :o

bn132702indiansweetsindvi7.jpg

Hoping to buy some Indian Sweets. The smaII, very sweet kind. Tried a few pIaces but no Iuck yet.

If anyone knows, or even if you know somewhere I can order onIine from in Bangkok, I wouId be gratefuI.

Ty :o

hi eek,

Royal india restaurant used to make some sweets but hardly sold any. They don't make it anymore. You could go see them and make an order though and they would be happy to make you some. Some recommendations are:

Kaju Barfi - Cashew Nut barfi

Jelebi - Round sweet orange colored sweets - lovely when hot and freshly made

Rasmalai - Cottage cheese dumplings - VERY NICE !!!

but for really good sweets, you would have to go to Pahurat, Bangkok to Royal India Restaurant or Punjab Restaurant. not sure which one and buy them off the shelve. problem is that they would not deliver. it would be spoilt by the time it gets here anyways!

TB..

Tnx tigerbeer. I wiII make an enquiry at RoyaI india. :D

Kaju Barfi - Cashew Nut barfi

Jelebi - Round sweet orange colored sweets - lovely when hot and freshly made

Rasmalai - Cottage cheese dumplings - VERY NICE !!!

:o

Will be in Little India, Singapore in a few weeks time.

Let me know what you want and I'll pick some up for you.

Payment in beer thanks. wink.gif

:D reaIIy? WoW. But, wont they spoiI? WeII, I reaIIy appreciate the kind offer!

In the meantime I wiII check out RoyaI India and post the outcome here..might even try my hand at making my own as tigerbeer suggests. :D

Edited by eek

Cooking the milk down to a solid takes time! Then you make your sweets.

Yes, I love Ras Malai ("cottage cheese dumplings" - I like that description).

And Kajar Halva - Carrot Pudding.

Some sweets are available in tins - have seen Ras Gullas, and Gulab Jamins - I don't know if they are in CM, and i don't know if they are any good...

Not much help, am I!

Cooking the milk down to a solid takes time! Then you make your sweets.

Yes, I love Ras Malai ("cottage cheese dumplings" - I like that description).

And Kajar Halva - Carrot Pudding.

Some sweets are available in tins - have seen Ras Gullas, and Gulab Jamins - I don't know if they are in CM, and i don't know if they are any good...

Not much help, am I!

never liked them in cans ! :o too sweet and not fresh.

Not much help, am I!

:o yes you are! For one, i had no idea how long it took a long time to boil the milk down. I also didnt know the sweets were available in tins either. :D

Anyway, update on Royal India.. I rang them up and the staff member was very nice but told me they do not sell the sweets. When I asked about the possibility of ordering he told me he could do it for a minimum order of 1kg, which sounds fair enough really as I imagine it wouldnt be practical to make only a few. As 1kg is way too much for me to order at this time (if i have a special occasion later on I will inquire about ordering them then), i automatically told him that I will think it over and get back in touch later if I want to make the order, but forgot to ask what the price would be first..SILLY MOO that i am! (all that was going through my head was '1kg! ..yowzers!').

If anyone else is curious about the price and calls up, please post here what the price cost will be. :D Otherwise I will bump this post with the price when I re-inquire later down the line.

:D

OK, eekers....my sweet tooth has been aroused.

I usually dwell in the realm of salty/savory/spicy. Just bought some very nice cashews from Rimping that they make Thai style with the herbs, sesame seed, chili, etc.

But I adore Indian sweets.

I'll split an order with ya, but I want a varied order of at least 6 different types.

Let us know what they can do! Price should be no more than 50 rupees (just kidding!)

OK, eekers....my sweet tooth has been aroused.

I usually dwell in the realm of salty/savory/spicy. Just bought some very nice cashews from Rimping that they make Thai style with the herbs, sesame seed, chili, etc.

But I adore Indian sweets.

I'll split an order with ya, but I want a varied order of at least 6 different types.

Let us know what they can do! Price should be no more than 50 rupees (just kidding!)

mcspicy!, they would never take an order of 1 kg of different varieties. its just any one with a minimum of 1kg.

a typical indian sweet would be about 400 to 500 baht per kg. maybe more cause of the recent rise in prices of most goods.