Thai Partner Living In Farang Land

RueFang

Thanks Siam and MM for the useful info. 500 hours of free English lessons! I knew they were available but not how many hours..that is brilliant. My husband has hotel/restaurant experience and was also a security guard for many years and his English is pretty good (but the lessons are a definite) so he'll try his luck at the billion Thai restaurants around town to start off with.

Youngfarang and Hanibal can you have your lovers tiff via PM and get off my thread please as fat and ugly women don't have anything to do with my thread considering I'm petite and cute :o:D

way to go rue...

what, do men not read thru the thread? is it so hard to understand that there are farang women (cute and petite or statuesque, with or without children from previouses, ) that are married to thai men of varying economic backgrounds etc???

ugh...

australia sounds much nicer then here, in all ways actually...

one of the most difficult things for anon here is the unavailibility of pork !!!! :o we rely on the thai labour communities to purchase and slaughter a pig once every few months in order to get any... he gets sick of chicken and beef ...

but he still prefers thailand w/o airconditioning, flush toilets, warm showers, etc... in other words, if we had a real choice, we would be in thailand yesterday.... he's definately here with me, for me... not even the money earning oppurtunity is the thing keeping him here. he would probably be the same in a tent, a trailer or in a mansion. he's perfectly capable of eating rice and eggs and hotdogs, three times a day for months on end, as 'cheap' food, and wearing rags the same as he wears decent clothes now. when the internet doesnt work, it doesnt phase him, he goes to play guitar. no tv? goes to work on a washing machine. no electricity (something that happens here often enough), he goes to sleep. same same as in his village.

bina

My husband has hotel/restaurant experience and was also a security guard for many years and his English is pretty good (but the lessons are a definite) so he'll try his luck at the billion Thai restaurants around town to start off with.

Without cooking credentials he may find it difficult to get a job at a restaurant. Difficult but not impossible. Most Thai restaurants get nightly visits from many Thai people, particularly students, looking for work. Table waiting staff are a dime a dozen but good cooks are always in demand.

I suggest that you aim at the hospitality industry to start with. The large 4 and 5 star hotels in the city employ a lot of Asian workers. All sorts of positions are on offer.

You can do an on-line search at various sites such as this and this.

Security jobs are fairly easy to obtain but police clearances are required, so you will need to bring one from Thailand. Security jobs are mostly part time work.

Retirement villages, nursing homes and some hospitals etc. will employ walk in applicants. You will need to produce some form of resume listing his skills and working experiences.

If you can obtain work references from Thailand they will assist him in Oz.

Yeah me and the wife live in sydney and there are Thai's everywhere, there is a place near central station that has loads of Thai shops, I call is Thai town.

Or if she wants to eat good Thai food go to Newtown, there is more then 10 Thai resturants on one street there and they are all great.

Thai food in Australia is probaly the most popular out of all at the moment