How Much Does A Genuine Copy Of Win Xp Cost?

wrksysact

How much does a genuine copy of Windows XP cost in Thailand?...how little can it be bought for and will it be compatible back in the UK?...thinking just of home edition though any price for Pro version welcome too....thinking of upgrading while on business there later this month...

Thanks...

Pantip Plaza - the big shop on the 2nd floor (Brit 1st floor) at the top of the escalators that overlooks the ground floor area. They sell copies of XP that they've pulled from complete computer packages. 4K baht as of a few months ago.

I've got a Pro copy I bought here in Pattaya for a lot less. I've loaded SP1 & SP2 using the free disc I got from MS without any problems though there are apparently some copies about that will not allow these updates.

-redwood

How about updating a "Real" copy of XP on line from MS? Will they know it is a "Real" copy? :o:D

No sweat. Just finished downloading and installing service pack #2, and I've done the updates many times in the past with no problems.

I don't think I've ever seen a real one for sale in Thailand...

How about updating a "Real" copy of XP on line from MS? Will they know it is a "Real" copy? :o  :D

No sweat. Just finished downloading and installing service pack #2, and I've done the updates many times in the past with no problems.

Thanks Ajarn, I assume the same applies with updating a "Real" copy on MS Office on line? :D:D

How about updating a "Real" copy of XP on line from MS? Will they know it is a "Real" copy? :o  :D

Thanks Ajarn, I assume the same applies with updating a "Real" copy on MS Office on line? :D:D

A real copy? Oh, I just realized I do have a legit copy on my notebook. I've updated it a couple of times online, with no problems either...

The service pack #2 is 75 megs, so I hope your internet is faster than mine... :D

How about updating a "Real" copy of XP on line from MS? Will they know it is a "Real" copy? :D  :D

Thanks Ajarn, I assume the same applies with updating a "Real" copy on MS Office on line? :D:wub:

A real copy? Oh, I just realized I do have a legit copy on my notebook. I've updated it a couple of times online, with no problems either...

The service pack #2 is 75 megs, so I hope your internet is faster than mine... :D

Thanks again Ajarn,

I was just wondering how to conduct my online updating from MS should I decide to buy some "real" stuff in the future. :o-_-:(

The copies are fine. If licensing is important to you, just buy it on the web for cheap and have them send it to the North Pole, Alaska.

Has anyone seen Windows XP Media Center Edition (2005) at Panthip by the way? And does it install over ('upgrade' if you will) a regular XP Pro?

Cheers,

Chanchao

How much does a genuine copy of Windows XP cost in Thailand?

Usually 8,000 baht. I do have an original Windows XP Professional for sale at 4,000 Baht. I will PM you my email adress in case you are interested.

And Mouse, how many times have you sold that for 4k baht?

My Dear Kringle, It is an original CD package bought directly from Microsoft and NO! it has never been copied, no matter what you believe. I do not need the package anymore and no I never have been nor will I ever be desperate enough to sell illegal copies of anything. :o

Thanks for the comments everyone....at prices of up to 8000bht (£100+) I can understand why copies are so popular! its a lot for someone like me in the UK to pay let alone someone in Thailand.

Maybe I'll be naughty and give one of the copies a go as some seem to say you can update it no probs!...and as the OS has more holes than emental it does need to be up-dated.

So where is the best place to source a good copy disc? are the police a bit hot on your tail?...someone mention "Panthip"? where is that?

Cheers!

Both WindowsXP Home Edition and WindowsXP Professional incorporating Service Pack 2 were released to stores early last week, by Microsoft. So if you planning to buy either version, would recommend you get the latest with SP2 "built-in".

Has anyone seen Windows XP Media Center Edition (2005)....
Believe Microsoft just released MEC 2005 earlier this week. Have only seen one computer (a Sony) with MCE 2004, the rest (including all the new HP models) are still using MEC 2002. :o

Maybe I'll be naughty and give one of the copies a go as some seem to say you can update it no probs!...and as the OS has more holes than emental it does need to be up-dated.

So where is the best place to source a good copy disc? are the police a bit hot on your tail?...someone mention "Panthip"? where is that?

Cheers!

Many places sell prirate copies of XP. Pantip Plaza is the most popular. http://www.bangkokbob.net/pantip.html but MBK centre also will have it,

Pay about 100baht for the disc. Get XP Pro - preferably with SP2 on it and make sure you don't get the Thai version.

Discs usually work fine.

Police hot on your trail? 55555! Very funny. :o

Just be careful with them f you ever leave the country - some places don't like you importing pirate stuff

Microsoft XP Starter Edition OEM sells for 1,500 baht.
That is true but it is in Thai only and will only allow you to run three (3) programs at any one time. Something to think about. The one that I had was a fully operational system that can be registered upgrade etc. I hate dealing with copies. Imagine that you wote a book and someone stole the text and sold it under your name. You would likely be pixxed.
Of course there are other genuine versions of XP available in Thailand. They come pre-installed with computers manufactured by Compaq for example.

Again you would be in copyright violation. That license was only issued/granted to that particular computer and cannot (should not) be removed or copied and/or re-sold.

I would always recommend original software.

Again you would be in copyright violation.  That license was only issued/granted to that particular computer and cannot (should not) be removed or copied and/or re-sold.

Actually practically speaking you can't remove/copy it as it will only work with the PC it came with. I'm talking OEM versions like those that come with a Compaq PC.

Even when l tried to use the recovery disc l'd made to reformat, it wouldn't work because l had replaced the original CD unit with a different make and thus got a message saying l was using a disc that didn't match my computer model. :o

:o

Am not at all computer literate unlike most of my peers, having come into computing rather late in life, however if one 'had lost' their original Registration Key and were unable to dowload upgrades, I would suggest going to:

http://key.gen.az/a.php?search=windows+xp+...l&Submit=search

I am not condoning the use of copies, as we all know that they are illegal, but merely suggest that this will assist those that have 'lost' their original Keys

Imagine that you wote a book and someone stole the text and sold it under your name. You would likely be pixxed.

And then imagine that as this writer, you became the richest man in the entire world, worth billions and billions and billions of dollars, not baht.... then how pixxed would you really become if some hapless school teacher xeroxed your book?