Tourist Visa In Vientiane

Hello

I'm currently staying in Khon Kaen, and plan on going to Vientiane in a couple of days (probably/preferrably monday) for making a visa. I was of the understanding that it would be possible to make a tourist (2 month visa), but reading the recent posts, it seems people only go there for a one month visa?

Is it possible? Also, any special things I have to be aware of?

I read in another thread that it was adviseable to make a visa for Laos beforehand, as the busses Khon Kaen-Vientiane wouldn't wait for those needing to make visas at the border. If I take the early morning bus, will i then be dropped at the border, can make the visa, and can then catch the next bus several hours later?

How fast can I get the visa for Laos here in Khon Kaen? If go to the Laos consulate early monday mornig, can they do it same day?

Thanks in advance

martin

Hello

I'm currently staying in Khon Kaen, and plan on going to Vientiane in a couple of days (probably/preferrably monday) for making a visa. I was of the understanding that it would be possible to make a tourist (2 month visa), but reading the recent posts, it seems people only go there for a one month visa?

Is it possible? Also, any special things I have to be aware of?

I read in another thread that it was adviseable to make a visa for Laos beforehand, as the busses Khon Kaen-Vientiane wouldn't wait for those needing to make visas at the border. If I take the early morning bus, will i then be dropped at the border, can make the visa, and can then catch the next bus several hours later?

How fast can I get the visa for Laos here in Khon Kaen? If go to the Laos consulate early monday mornig, can they do it same day?

Thanks in advance

martin

"I read in another thread that it was adviseable to make a visa for Laos beforehand"

can save time if ya in a mad rush, but no problems fill out a a4 size form pay the money (they accept thai bhat) and ya in.

" Also, any special things I have to be aware of?"

not really, its easy, take some passport size photos about 4, ya need 2 for ya thai visa and may not sure need some for laos visa & ob passport!

"How fast can I get the visa for Laos here in Khon Kaen?"

no idea, but if it only takes 30 mins to get one at border, how much time will it take to get one Khon kaen????

"If go to the Laos consulate early monday mornig, can they do it same day?"

the laos visa you get on arival at the border so not a problem, then you get a bus or tuk tuk etc to consulete to get a Thai visa, to which you best there before 10.30 by the sound of things (busy now) then go get a hotel room chill out and return the next working day after 1pm to collect.

Martin and anyone thinking of going who hasnt already, its very a easy strightforward process many on here like myselfe have just started going, the thread below (click it) has lots of questions similar to these and are answeared by lots of us with slight different opions etc so makes for a good read (if ya not in a internet cafe paying) but worth paying!

but basically, you dont have to do anything before you go, it will take 2 working days (only open mon/fri) to process your thai visa from when you hand it in, so might have to be away 3 or 4 days depending on where your coming from and how, flights and buses etc can all be paid for there and then (depending on seat availibilty) as with all paper work all avail and photo shops etc, try not to set a time table, cos there a good chance of bieng delayed at some point, just take it easy dont let anything piss ya off and have a good time, there plenty of us farangs at the border and visa consulte to help ya if stuck and maybe share taxis etc or a nice beer laos!

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=158561

chris

ps if ya get ya visa please if ya get chance, post a little report on the above post so rest of us know its all ok still!

cheers chris

Martin,

You should also read this thread and especially the quote of rimbung, dated 03/02/08.

I attach the address of the Laos_Consulate_General_Khon_Kaen.pdf and a Khon Kaen map post-24939-1209267049_thumb.jpg. The bus station you will find in this map at F8 and the Laos Consulate at K10/11.

If you go to the Laos Consulate early tomorrow morning to get your visa, I am sure you will be able to catch that 02.15 pm bus. Enjoy Vientiane.

================================================================================

The bus stops at the border so don't worry about visa beforehand.

================================================================================

Make sure this is true ... ajahnlau, did you make this trip yourself?

The regular line Udon Thani - Nong Khai - Vientiane ... stops but doesn't allow time to passengers to apply for a visa at the border.

You have to have a visa beforehand.

Edited by sniffdog