Don't Use A Visa Agent In Pattaya

Advise for anyone wanting to use a visa agent...DONT..I was looking at obtaining a Settlement visa to the UK for my Thai wife and was told by Key Visa in Pattaya that it would be highly unlikely that I would get one without there help... but with there help I would get one, but it would come with a price 45,000 Baht not including visa fee 34,000 baht... total 79,000 baht.. not a chance I was going to pay that, So with the help of this forum I managed to apply for the visa myself and after submitting the application I got the 2 year settlement visa 5 days later without any problem. So a big thank you to you all for your help and advise you saved me 45,000 baht...I feel so sorry for those people who get conned by these people how do they get away with it...Special thanks to scouser (Davies KHAN) for all your help.

This forum is littered with bad experiences of Pattaya Visa Agencies, if you feel you require the services of an Agent, ensure it is an OISC registered body.

With today's communication channels Thailand is really not a problem, regarding distance.

Moss

A lot of those agencies are a rip off. they want you to pay a hugh fee for something you can do yourself by doing a little research and asking around.

1) I was going to do a simple visa run from Pattaya to Laos (wanted to see Laos instead of Cambodia), they quotted me at 8,000 Baht. I told a Thai friend and she said why not just catch a bus to Nong Kai and taxi it over to the embassy and find a hotel myself. I did that, cost me a lot lot less.

2) Getting married I asked a marriage agency what I needed to do, they wanted 10,000 Baht to fill out a few pieces of paperwork with simple basic questions. I did a little research, did it myself and saved the 10,000.

Internet sites like Thaivisa, the Thia embassies and my country's embassy are a weatlh of information along with talking with the immigration folks, the various embassies, friends and fellow expats you can do it all yourself. Save that baht and put it some good use...a fun night out :o